New magneto installation question

Rusty_S85

Local time
5:56 PM
My oz super magneto and seal retainer was just delivered. I want to ask is there any special assembly for this? Going to do it after work and prefer to go in informed to prevent a 2 hour curse fest.

My oz super magneto and seal retainer was just delivered. I want to ask is there any special assembly for this? Going to do it after work and prefer to go in informed to prevent a 2 hour curse fest.
Just take out old coil & put the retainer under the new one- bolt it down bud, rev it & ride it. I got the OZ and it sparks nice.

Thanks for the reply. Wasnt sure if there was some kind of air gap requirement or if it just simply squares itself up.

Might have to push the bike outside after i do this to verify it starts.

Thanks for the reply. Wasnt sure if there was some kind of air gap requirement or if it just simply squares itself up.

Might have to push the bike outside after i do this to verify it starts.
It lines up on it's own, but put the feelers to it just to be safe

Ok, how much is in the ballpark? Or just take and measure what i have now?

Line it up so you have an equal gap on both sides of the magnet...also be sure to scuff all the ground points (bottom of magneto touching the case) so you know you have a good clean solid ground.

Last edited:
Will do. Was going to do it today but boss got to talking and I didn't get out of work till 30 minutes after the fact so I will throw it all in tomorrow or so. I looked at the magneto and have to say doesn't look different than stock. I also might need to do a little reforming on the seal retainer as it got tweaked a bit in the same package as the magneto.

From what i understand its wrapped with maybe less wire or a different gage wire to lower the resistance which should give off a better spark over stock.

Last edited:
Back