New member from Delray Beach, Florida

P

PiousPedals

Hey what's goin on motoredbikes.com!?! Just checkin in to say hello... One day I would love to build something custom :cool: but for now here's my townie with a modified GeBe kit on it... I mounted the engine kit to the frame instead of the axle... I've rebuilt the rear wheel about 4 times and have finally gone with a single speed rear wheel to get the correct flange radius and spacing for a new drive ring. Over 12,000 miles :eek: on this bad boy so far and she still purrs like a kitten!

sorry bout those IMG tags... I'll get it right one day! RTFM right?

Attachments

• billbike4.jpg
    billbike4.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 95
  • billbike3.jpg
    billbike3.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 104
Last edited by a moderator:

spunout

welcome to MBc!
nice job on the mods...with it attatched to frame instead of axle, i'm guessing that will extend the life of the wheel quite a bit, without as much added stress. cool.
looks comfortable, too. :cool:

Last edited:
P

PiousPedals

Thanks for the welcome guys!

Yeah, hopefully the mods will help the wheel last longer... The biggest problem that I can see if the super comfy geometry of the Townie... Most bike puts 60% of the riders weight on the rear wheel, The Townite puts more like 80-85%... I'm 225lbs. and 6'2" so at 30 mph a bicycle rim takes serious abuse... (Maybe losing a few pounds would help top end speed and wheel damages!) The kit being mounted to the frame just makes roadside tube repairs much easier to manage...

Last edited by a moderator:
B

beast775

townie frame geometry

those bicycles are excellent for the price.great motor bracket mods.what a great ride.i like it.ow ya welcome!its fun here.