cebrooks

Local time
11:49 PM
Hi all. I live in East Tennessee and saw a News video on a local channel the other day about a guy in a neighboring county that put a motor on a bicycle. Ever since then I have been doing a lot of research about the subject. I want to build one myself. Since my birthday was last Friday, my wife bought me a bicycle. I went to ride it and asked "Where is the starter?" Anyway, I am wanting to use parts (motor, bicycle, etc.) that I already have or can acquire cheaply to build the unit with. Not really sure what type to build but I am leaning towards a friction drive. Don't be surprised if you hear from me again asking questions.
Thanks.

welcome to the motor bike comunity. as for your build friction drive is easy if you have some fabricating skills, pretty basic, the easiest would be to get a weed eater motor, remove the clutch, take a look at the crank shaft, usually a 3/8 24 thread pitch witch is the same as a lot of bmx foot pegs, come in different sizes already knurelled. just screw on the peg and push it on the tire. direct drive, pedal away and the motor starts, come to a stop and the motor shuts off, pretty simple. welcome to the family

Back