New to Forum, and New to Whizzer's

otif

Local time
8:42 PM
Hello all,
I just bought a new (to me) Whizzer. It didn't come with a title, and the seller was unsure as to the year. I think it's not a very old one. The engine has the letter T | M and the number 500880 stamped on it. I can't locate any numbers on the frame, or the head (assuming head numbers are hidden behind what appears to be the clutch/drive of the bike?). Aside from figuring out the year, what carb does it take? The PO had taken the carb off to rebuild and it was lost. Any help/guidance/information is appreciated. I've attached some photos for reference. Thanks in advance!

IMG_9355.jpeg
IMG_9356.jpeg
IMG_9361.jpeg
IMG_9360.jpeg
IMG_9362.jpeg
IMG_9353.jpeg
IMG_9354.jpeg
IMG_9357.jpeg

Wrench and a few others know alot about them. It does look like a newer engine they are made in Taiwan I think.
I figured it was newer by the pics of the older ones I’ve seen. Didn’t realize they were made in Japan, though. Thanks for the input! Hopefully someone will chime in with what carb I need.

Didn’t realize they were made in Japan
they are made in Taiwan I think.
Taiwan is not Japan...Its an island off of main land China where Chiang Kia-Shek and his Chinese Nationals escaped from mainland China in 1948 after losing in the Communist takeover of China...They formed there own "little China" there on the island of Taiwan, also sometimes known as Taipei and Formosa...DAMIEN

Taiwan is not Japan...Its an island off of main land China where Chiang Kia-Shek and his Chinese Nationals escaped from mainland China in 1948 after losing in the Communist takeover of China...They formed there own "little China" there on the island of Taiwan, also sometimes known as Taipei and Formosa...DAMIEN
Meant to say Taiwan, but thanks for the lesson

Whizzer is now Cruzzer, built in Taiwan, but I read somewhere moving to China.
I'm not sure how many parts swap over.

Bumping this to the top to get some help. Hopefully no more Taiwan or Japan talk! Still sitting without a carb.

Check out this guy and his site, you may find a carby here...DAMIEN

This guy is the owner and forum member and vendor for Vintage Whizzer Parts, Quality engine rebuilding and bike restoration is
@Quenton Guenther 252-475-0406.

Back