noob. bike won't throttle more than 70%. please help

rcastro3185

Local time
6:07 AM
I bought a 66cc bike kit and everything ran fine except after about 70% throttle it started to lose power and slow down. In my first attempt to fix the problem I accidently broke the intake manifold, I went a head a just bought a new high preformance machined manifold and new high performance carb and air filter. I've put everything on even tried the c clip up and down a click to see if it would help, it didn't. Now I still can't go past 70% throttle. Please help! I don't wanna be stuck with 70% of what I payed for. Thank you

Last edited:
fuel starvation. throw away any rubber mounts that you may have, make sure the engine is mounted solidly, and make sure there are no kinks in the fuel line.

motor won't start running right until 300 or 400 gentle miles are on it to break it in - before that time, they are often so rich that they won't take much throttle

that said, a performance carb usually only works well on a performance motor - tuned ports & exhaust are needed to get full use out of those carbs

Just wanted to say thnx for all the tips guys, they are appreciated. I am using a rubber mount so I'll get rid of that first, and just keep on putting enjoyable miles on her thnx. I'll post if things change.

Back