Need some help please

So I may have made some progress. When I got an ohm reading on the CDI, I really had to work for it. I have determined that the physical connection between the boot and the wire is total crap and if things are flexed just a bit it's enough to break the connection. Once I stripped off the boot and a bit of a wire, I was able to get a solid reading every time. Now the trick is how to transfer that to the plug.

So I may have made some progress. When I got an ohm reading on the CDI, I really had to work for it. I have determined that the physical connection between the boot and the wire is total crap and if things are flexed just a bit it's enough to break the connection. Once I stripped off the boot and a bit of a wire, I was able to get a solid reading every time. Now the trick is how to transfer that to the plug.
You can order a new boot and end that goes on the plug. You might be able to get one at the local parts house

S/P wire should just unscrew, If not then ya can't replace it
Yep I have one of each. One that can unscrew and one that is sealed on there and can't be removed. If it can unscrew it should be easy to take off. I got a better sp wire for the one that unscrews, but I haven't put it on yet. That bike still has a lot of work left to do on it

Thank you everyone for your suggestions. I tore the engine apart this morning and checked the piston / rings. I am turning this project over to a friend that has a small engine shop and he is willing to give this a bit of time between his paying work. Hopefully someday soon I can ride this bike again under engine power.

Back