Noob question of the day: Which way does the filter go?

Emcee

Local time
12:05 AM
Hey guys,

Got this in case anyone is interested. The lines are very durable and with the spring clip I couldn't rip it off.

Which way does the fuel filter go? There are no markings on it.

Thanks

IZOKEE 1/4" Inch ID Fuel Line Set - 2 Meter / 6-Foot ¼ Inch Fuel Line + 2 Pcs 1/4 Inch & 5/16 Inch Fuel Filters + 10 Pcs 2/5" ID Hose Clamps for Kawasaki Kohler Briggs & Stratton Small Engine https://a.co/d/2N4emkd

Attachments

• IMG_20220729_093847291.jpg
    IMG_20220729_093847291.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 125
Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
The see through bubble where the metal plate, (On the left hand side in the pic), holding that little round magnet inside the case faces the gas tank, the white cap end, (on the right in the pic), faces the carby intake tube.
Ok thank you. I seen so many different things. I seen people say the more narrow side faces the carb and the white piece faces the gas tank. I seen other people say it doesn't matter because it filters it regardless. Couldn't find a straight answer

Couldn't find a straight answer
Sometimes, finding a straight answer to a simple question has many twist, turns, and bends, and then you still don't get to your desired destination...lol...lol.

I like simple straight forward answers myself so I put the KISS on my replies whenever possible...Keep It Simple Stupid...lol...lol.

Sometimes, finding a straight answer to a simple question has many twist, turns, and bends, and then you still don't get to your desired destination...lol...lol.

I like simple straight forward answers myself so I put the KISS on my replies whenever possible...Keep It Simple Stupid...lol...lol.
So does Bike Berry have the fuel filter on the wrong way in this?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220729-111429.png
    Screenshot_20220729-111429.png
    363.7 KB · Views: 112
Yep...lol...They sure do...lol.
But thats what I truly expect of bikeberry...lol.
So I got another problem on my hands.

I shut the petcock off. Removed the old gas line and then my gas started pumping through the line even though the petcock was closed.

How do petcocks fail? I have the one on from the first kit, and I think I need to attach the one that came in the second kit. What's weird is there was still gas in the tank and I tilted the bike up and no fuel would go through the lines, a very small amount did. Thought it was strange

I shut the petcock off. Removed the old gas line and then my gas started pumping through the line even though the petcock was closed.
The "shutoff" point is the position in the middle between the two full stop points on the petcock...if your just flipping it from one stop to the other stop, gas will still flow.

The "shutoff" point is the position in the middle between the two full stop points on the petcock...if your just flipping it from one stop to the other stop, gas will still flow.
Wait wait wait... So this is the fuel valve I have. So I can point it up and down and it still releases fuel? What's the point of it saying FUEL with an arrow? I figured the arrow means the gas is flowing towards the carb. So on the fuel valve I have I just turn it sideways?

I know some petcocks have "off" on the side and "on" on top. Wasn't sure if that's what you were referring to

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220729-131202~2.png
    Screenshot_20220729-131202~2.png
    123.7 KB · Views: 94
Wait wait wait... So this is the fuel valve I have. So I can point it up and down and it still releases fuel? What's the point of it saying FUEL with an arrow? I figured the arrow means the gas is flowing towards the carb. So on the fuel valve I have I just turn it sideways?

I know some petcocks have "off" on the side and "on" on top. Wasn't sure if that's what you were referring to
Turn it 1/4 turn so the handle is across the pipe direction is off. Up or down is on, left or right is off. Just the basic ball valve that's all they are.

Back