Occ chopper rear wheel options

I researched this for my OCC frame as well. Go to an electric bike shop and look at their fat tire bikes. I was thinking of buying a front wheel (20x4) and useing it on the back because the sprocket can be bolted on the disc brake flange. The complete replacement wheel with tire I considered was priced at $120 which I thought was a great deal.

I also have an occ i just built and in the morning im going to pick up a 26" front wheel with the disc brake and add an adapter so i can delete the rear caliper brake... Its a HUGE headache, all in your way

I just got my hands on an OCC stingray frame. No wheels but handlebars, fenders, & seat intact. Need help finding wheels....
I am working on a different bike and have the front and rear wheels that I’m no longer using, also have a custome duelly rear wheel like the trucks. Do u happen to live near Philly or Allentown?

Quite honestly I converted from a 20x4 to a 20 x 3. 1/2 tire because it gives the chain much more room. If you go anything wider you're going to be fighting sidewall rubs, if you go anything taller in the rear you're going to probably be forced to cut the fender welding out of the frame. The rear brake calipers will need to be deleted. It's pretty limited to there.... After all the mods i did to these tires... I kid you not, the wheel work cost more than the frame used... I spent 300 on my front rim stand alone building a drum brake into it...

I'm using the stock OCC 4.5" wheel and tire. Go back to my build threaad, page 6, post 57 and see how I did it. I can still use the original brakes and might put them on later. I have a hydraulic 210mm disc on the front
It took some serious finaglin but i finally got mine to work out pretty good.
Stoke rear brake and NO tensioner 👍

It took some serious finaglin but i finally got mine to work out pretty good.
Stoke rear brake and NO tensioner 👍
Just keep in mind after long use and vibrations the motor mount will shift and have to be readjusted. Thus meaning the chain will loose tension over time.

Back