? occ chopper trike ?

ive got a chopper and they are cheap in seattle on craigs list. im thinking of a recumbent seat to maybe get a couple more years out of my back. i just got a cvt belt drive i also want to try

i think they did that, it was an electric front wheel with a happytime driving the back wheels

hey je; going to bonneville was a dream come true. softride called to ask about it and we got around to his twin pulse jet bike for next year, what a guy. maybe you can make it next year. it was a gas. later. mitch

Yea I'm going to help Billl next year with his Whizzer.Just got the bright red frame back from the Powder coater.

I built a trike for a friend with a 6.5HP 196cc engine and a 20" - wheeled Mongoose trick-style bike.

It looks good, but from my experience, trikes turn nice and sharp, but they handle poorly on curves at high speed, and having a lot of power makes for a VERY SCARY ride especially if the front wheel lifts off the ground! Also being the drive wheel is on the left, the trike pulls to the right when throttling and wears the front tire funny due to the compensation to keep it riding straight.

Hopefully a 50cc chopper trike handles much better than the 196cc one I built.

thanks guys. i plan on a live axel. i weigh 260 and dont expect to do wheelies. an odd thing i saw at the salt was a hyabusa bike from nz. it was their second year and they had added 240lbs of lead to the swing arm to gain traction. mitch

Back