This permantly fixed having to adjust back rim for tension

• Thread starter Deleted member 35519
  • Start date
Motorcycles have oval slots in the swing arm and not rear open
Yes sir you are correct, We don't want the rear wheel falling off because of a loose axle nut now do we :LOL:

Here's how Harley does it Wheel Adjusters 2022 FLHCS
Gotta have wheel adjusters
1) to dial in the belt tension for 1/2" - 9/16" deflection.
2) to make sure the wheel is aligned perfectly straight

DSCF3591.JPG

DSCF3600.JPG

ABS
DSCF3595.JPG

Attachments

• DSCF1161.JPG
    DSCF1161.JPG
    267 KB · Views: 32
W, in post 11, 2nd pic there's a line going to the rear disc that sorta/kinda looks like a hydraulic fitting. What is that for? Never seen that before. In between the rear arm and the disc.

Wrench
That bottom pic looks like Spahn Ranch
This Bar & grill is called the Hideout
This pic was taken just above the Hideout overlooking Lake Henshaw
DSCF1152.JPG
Hideout is 43 miles from Oceanside and 55 miles from Temecula,
It's out in the country in the middle of no where and a Biker hang out on the weekends - it's only open on the weekends
Always gotta stop at the Hideout for a beverage then walk around a check out all the bikes
DSCF8227.JPG

Idk if there's a chinese copy of the surly hurdy gurdy but if there is that would work with the semi-horizontal drop outs I am sure the surly parts are great but at 30 usd a pop it is a hard sell.

the side with the fastener points rearward, and has some tabs to get a good hold on the back of the drop out. Also a few bikes have them integral but ive only seen it on some specific surly frames.

Irrelevant but: I picked up an old surly 1x1 and they make some great bikes. Best part is used surlys aren't too much money. I've seen long haul truckers sold for 500 near me. Those truckers are nice touring bikes.

That 1x1 I got would have cost some 1300 dollars to build up (including the nexus 7 wheel it came with), adjusting for inflation.

Attachments

• surly-hurdy-gurdy-silver-CH9991-1000x1000.jpg
    surly-hurdy-gurdy-silver-CH9991-1000x1000.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 32
  • FM7156-04.jpg
    FM7156-04.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 33
I didn't know there were tensioners available for diagonal dropouts. Color me old.
I do remember the old motor bikes had a tensioner that was a threaded rod welded to a washer that went though a piece of channel with a nut on the end to cap the horizontal dropout.. You could slack of the wheel nuts and tighten the tensioner nut to pull the axle.

Color me old.
I do remember the old motor bikes had a tensioner that was a threaded rod welded to a washer that went though a piece of channel with a nut on the end to cap the horizontal dropout.. You could slack of the wheel nuts and tighten the tensioner nut to pull the axle.

Old style for open end dropout $5 on E Bay

Just a pic to remind everyone
DSCF3606.JPG

Back