oil leak

on a wc1 whizzer I have a oil coming out the vent and the crankcase seal. what is wrong
Pictures and year of bike would be helpful. Over the years, they changed the way they vented the crankcase. On my 2002 WC1 bikes, the valve cover has two outlets with one going back to the rear case fitting and the other just hanging... I put a pill bottle Under the hanging one to catch any drips... Very little has come out. Early bikes just ran the vent back into the air cleaner... bad idea. There are fixes. Please advise further

IMO The WC-1 has excessive crankcase pressure due to it's design
Oil will come out of the vent and also can make gaskets leak oil
For this problem with the WC-1, Whizzer recommended using less oil 7oz, disconnecting the vent hose from the air filter & venting it into the atmosphere or catch can, But that was no solution,

WC-1 needs a bigger vent and/or an extra vent Which means less crankcase pressure
Enlarge the LH case vent port and route the vent hose to a Big Breather CAOS (crankcase air oil separator)
Any oil trapped in the CAOS will gravity drain back into the crankcase when the engine is turned off No oil will leak on the ground

While you can just use the LH vent port, ya might as well get the NE-5 valve cover with a vent port
This will reduce the crankcase pressure even more

But your gonna have to drill a hole in the bottom of your WC-1 cylinder so the crankcase pressure can escape thru the vent port in the NE-5 valve cover,

WC-1 Before - no vent in bottom of cyl
DSCF3286.JPG

WC-1 After - vent hole was drilled - also put a hole in the cyl base gasket
DSCF3287.JPG

This vent hole in the bottom of the cyl will also get more oil into the valve cavity where it's needed

Back