OKO 21mm Carb Jet Size

So have the 21 mm oko carb running a widowed piston and a zeda 88 pipe and a b6hs ngk plug at roughly 1650 alt running 50:1 opti 2, 91no ethanol gas no matter what I seem to to plug and piston look very rich to me ( I’m pretty new to 2 strokes ) right now I have a 35 idle jet , needle 2nd from top ,and 100 main jet . I have some questions regarding plug chopping do I need to do it under load with me riding. At what throttle speed should I run each plug.

So have the 21 mm oko carb running a widowed piston and a zeda 88 pipe and a b6hs ngk plug at roughly 1650 alt running 50:1 opti 2, 91no ethanol gas no matter what I seem to to plug and piston look very rich to me ( I’m pretty new to 2 strokes ) right now I have a 35 idle jet , needle 2nd from top ,and 100 main jet . I have some questions regarding plug chopping do I need to do it under load with me riding. At what throttle speed should I run each plug.
Better to start your own thread than revive an old one.

What reed are you running? OKO 21 is honestly too big for most and won't make more power than a smaller carb on many builds while being harder to tune and worse low end. If you have a big bore or heavily ported motor with a big reed and insist on using it, most come with a 100 jet which is close and you'll usually end up around a 105 main and have to drill into the idle circuit with a 1mm-1.5mm drill bit to get it to idle properly and help the initial ~1/8 throttle response.

Most of the enthusiats who race these bikes have moved away from those big carbs unless its a crazy 50mm big bore, Hybrid(moped jug), or Frank(saw jug). A VM18 is a better option for 99% of builds, or PHBG19mm (KTM50SX carb) if you're on a budget which is what I run on most my builds.

Sorry I’m new to this forum , I have the zeda dio kit . Would either of the carbs you mentioned fit on the dio Reed set up with out a significant amount of modification?

Back