Old Trucks and a Car

I wish, If only I had another $30K to throw away I would fix one up real nice
Don't have to fix it up nice... just get it alive and running and enjoy it. Save it from the junkyard. I hate to see cars and trucks like this get junked, it hurts my soul.

Don't have to fix it up nice... just get it alive and running and enjoy it. Save it from the junkyard. I hate to see cars and trucks like this get junked, it hurts my soul.

Their on someones property,
I have a feeling this guy saved them from the junkyard already
Maybe one day I'll be able to talk with him

BTW a running 57 Chevy 3100 in way better condition can be bought for $10K
I would probably do that instead of struggling to fix this one

The west side of the country is where all the cool old cars and trucks are at
DSCF8957.JPG

Yeah I like this truck

Very nice !
I just donated a truck not quite as old to a nature conservancy, kinda sad to see it go, but I'm at a point where if I can't carry it, push it or pull it by myself, I don't want it.
Not to mention the fact that license, registration, gubmint-mandated insurance etc. don't much sound like freedom to me.....

Yeah...What he said...lol...Don't mess with his wallet until I'm done with him...lol...I'm still camped out at my mail delivery for over a year now waiting for the new Rad Rover he sent...lol...lol...lol.

This sets a new definition for "Snail Mail"...lol.

Don't take this seriously folks...This is a long standing running joke between Wrench and I...lol...lol.
:poop: I thought you were adding a Moderators note!

.........BTW a running 57 Chevy 3100 in way better condition can be bought for $10K
I would probably do that instead of struggling to fix this one

The west side of the country is where all the cool old cars and trucks are at
When I was a kid my oldest sister, a newly graduated high school senior, went to Woodstock. She tracked from the concert to California in a VW beetle. She enrolled at UC Berkley, and never did come home. One day my mom was crying her eyes out over this fact and my dad told me, "Listen son...a geography lesson you should know...The United States tilts toward California, and everything loose rolls that way. Your sister is clear proof of this."

I don't know if this is true but all the cool rods and styles do originate in California. :)

California dreaming....That old car junkyard is a builders dream....One man's trash is another man's treasure.

This one is worth way more than that square body one, dunno why but they are if you price them.
dscf8953-jpg.180879

This one is worth way more than that square body one, dunno why but they are if you price them.
dscf8953-jpg.180879
That reminds me of my grandpa's 49 gmc. He customized it, putting a shortened 73 3/4 ton gmc truck frame with a early 70s Monte Carlo front-end, he also put like a 46 bed with 48 back fenders and 47 front fenders , some odd sh. Ike that changed the way it looked big-time. 38 inch mudders on back. But top it off he found 425 tricarb in a 66 Catalina 2+2 on stuffed it in it. It had electric windows and seats tilt/telescopic steering wheel. But he painted it metelic brown. Ugh

Any of those are ready to rock in that condition. You'd have crowds of people walking by the super cars, to look at the "rat rods" at your cars n coffee events. Happens all the time locally (we have a LOT of super/lux cars down here), the unique and patina gets more attention than expensive.

Back