Options? Should I rebuild the G100 or buy a predator

Sounds good to me! I have started ordering parts. You think I should upjet just from removing governor? I was planning on doing the 3 hour break in period and do a lot of oil changes to get the shavings out at first.
well, i would first add a airfilter and a exhuast before you upjet (you still can without doing those things, but it wont really do anything, but thats speculation)

I
well, i would first add a airfilter and a exhuast before you upjet (you still can without doing those things, but it wont really do anything, but thats speculation)
I am going to run it stock for a while before adding mods I think. I am getting some cheap synthetic oil from Walmart for the engine shaving flushes. I won’t remove the governor until after break in. I am planning on a tach and a speedometer to help extend the life of my engine...

I

I am going to run it stock for a while before adding mods I think. I am getting some cheap synthetic oil from Walmart for the engine shaving flushes. I won’t remove the governor until after break in. I am planning on a tach and a speedometer to help extend the life of my engine...
well, i just use a hourmeter/tach on my engine, and i have my phone record the top speed, then look at the rpms (ie 5300 is around 40mph for me)
and theres your speedometer.

heres the one i use.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
well, i just use a hourmeter/tach on my engine, and i have my phone record the top speed, then look at the rpms (ie 5300 is around 40mph for me)
and theres your speedometer.

heres the one i use.
You just saved me a lot of money thanks! I don’t need a speedometer then. Didn’t know tachs were that cheap either thanks.
One more question for now if you wouldn’t mind, not sure how big into cars you are but there has been a debate about whether KandN style filters let in more dirt than paper ones. The motorized bike air filter from AGK is basically the small engine version (mesh filtration) would it let in more dirt to my engine? I don’t live in a very dusty place but I’d rather keep out the dirt...

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
There are timing marks but they line up only when the piston is at TDC.
Not really sure how that works but I’ll just trust you. And be really careful not to drop anything. I’ll leave it on it’s side so it won’t tip out

Take the valve cover off and watch the valves open and close on the intake and compression strokes, then watch the combustion and exhaust strokes. Take your spark plug out and drop a straw in there, watch as it goes up and down. TDC is right in the middle of the "dwell", the piston peak, right between the compression and combustion strokes. That is the only spot I will swap cams and adjust valves.

Take the valve cover off and watch the valves open and close on the intake and compression strokes, then watch the combustion and exhaust strokes. Take your spark plug out and drop a straw in there, watch as it goes up and down. TDC is right in the middle of the "dwell", the piston peak, right between the compression and combustion strokes. That is the only spot I will swap cams and adjust valves.
That makes sense, thanks for explaining it

You just saved me a lot of money thanks! I don’t need a speedometer then. Didn’t know tachs were that cheap either thanks.
One more question for now if you wouldn’t mind, not sure how big into cars you are but there has been a debate about whether KandN style filters let in more dirt than paper ones. The motorized bike air filter from AGK is basically the small engine version (mesh filtration) would it let in more dirt to my engine? I don’t live in a very dusty place but I’d rather keep out the dirt...
well, those cone filters dont really let more dirt in (i put a sock on my mini bike just incase, but i did that as in the winter it gets soaked so much it clogs it)
they are a big improvement over the stock set up at least for me, but i like the stuff i spent money on ;)
its your choice, more preformence? or more safety? you cant really have both (unless you got allota $$$)

heres the beast it self, makes about 10hp

Back