Painting stuff

Amwicr

Local time
12:43 PM
So, I have a rusty moped. I want to repaint. I want it to look good, I also want it to be fuel proof.

What I've learned is that for the best fuel proof-ness, use 2K clear at the end. But I have a question.

Can I use that 2k clear coat stuff on top of regular rustoleum rattle can paint? Maybe maybe? Or do I have to get all matching paint?

Thanks in advance for any advice you might have.

I have been watching and reading about painting autos (bikes) with Rustoleum Professional paint...

cool, thanks.

Now, should I go with orange? cream? white? grey? (for the tank and side covers. I will be putting on replacement decals.)

moped-army-fe3b44991d88881b4b24202bac4c26a1.jpg

mmmm, lovely. I like it. Lemme look for that color paint!

EDIT: Found it!

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
mmmm, lovely. I like it. Lemme look for that color paint!

EDIT: Found it!

I was going to reccomend this orange metallic mist. Really nice color. Would look sharp with some cobalt metallic blue & creme pin stripes.
Screenshot_20240311-122752_Chrome.jpg

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Metalic flake black and metalic orange. This is from a can of rustoleum and a duplicolor 1k clear. I think a nice copper color and this would look sweet. Maybe just a matt black base frame?

Attachments

• 20230715_131615.jpg
    20230715_131615.jpg
    219.1 KB · Views: 18
Back