Best way to seal fill cap

GW's Motorized

Local time
3:25 AM
The fill cap on these gas tanks are crap. I refilled my bike carefully without getting gas on the paint, but when I took it for a ride gas leaked over it, destroying my paint. No big deal I can repaint it, and I have gas resistant clear coat this time.

I'm pretty POd this happend and I don't want it to happen again. Does anyone know how to seal the full neck better?

The fill cap on these gas tanks are crap. I refilled my bike carefully without getting gas on the paint, but when I took it for a ride gas leaked over it, destroying my paint. No big deal I can repaint it, and I have gas resistant clear coat this time.

I'm pretty POd this happend and I don't want it to happen again. Does anyone know how to seal the full neck better?
I have mentioned this one many times in the past before your time in the forums Gordy...This is the cap to fit most of the common gas tanks used on these CGs that I also use...It even fits my 4 liter tanks so I am still using it...They are actually a vented cap made for Honda Helix's as well as go-karts and mopeds, I like them because you don't get a lap full of gasoline like you do with the cheap caps that come with the 2 litre tanks when you fill er up...lol.

https://www.amazon.com/GOOFIT-Roketa-Hammerhead-Cooled-Scooter/dp/B00VFXCLXA

Ps...I can still fill my tank all the way and still not get a lap full of gasoline...lol.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Why bother with the lock, if someone is gonna steal your gas, they will just disconnect your gasline, open the petcock and drain it out which is a heck of alot easier than siphoning the gas...lol.

Back