planning on doing a ms660 big bore kit, what do i need to make this possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, know this is an old thread but they released the big bore gas bike Kits.. they are 100(true 80cc) kits, and I do like the feel of the power, it has a 50mm piston and 1piece cylinder, with a 40mm crank. I've gotten 41mph so far still breaking in process on stock NT carb and exhaust, 36t.heres the Link if interested.

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Hey guys, know this is an old thread but they released the big bore gas bike Kits.. they are 100(true 80cc) kits, and I do like the feel of the power, it has a 50mm piston and 1piece cylinder, with a 40mm crank. I've gotten 41mph so far still breaking in process on stock NT carb and exhaust, 36t.heres the Link if interested.
Unfortunately not an 80cc yet it's a 50mm bore and actually a 38mm stroke witch makes it 74.6 cc's not bad but the one piece jug/head kinda sucks!

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
It has a YD100 crank, and its bigger than the Zae80 crank I have on my 80(66cc) I've compared em side by side, when I got the kit brand new last month, I believe the ZAE80 is a 38mm crank, so it really is a 50mm piston with a 40mm crank, The cylinder is longer as well with the one piece being ported to match bottom and intake and exhaust, the gaskets were cut to match also, with transfers not having lip.

Not sure where you got the info, but I have one and can verify it's 50mmx40mm stroke, also this particular engine doesn't overheat It has 253 miles so far on the speedo/Odometer, it's still breaking in maxing at 41mph with the provided stock parts.

I got my info from having 4 of them come through my shop for repairs and if you measure the stroke it's only 38mm!The marks on this stand show both the 38 and 40mm strokes and that cylinder can take a 42mm stoke for proper squish and better compression.When jetted and setup to run cleanly thru out the range they do run hot and have many complaints about it,if you keep it rich and don't push it to hard it will run well.The markings on the rod does not dictate the stroke the position of the big end or crank pin determines that.
2018-06-05 17.36.11.jpg

I push mine very hard, and it doesn't overheat.. plus I'm in the middle notch not lean or rich... It's the Zeus T-100 the YD/BT counterpart which was actually worked on by UMoto, piston was lubricated and correctly installed only the BT/YD100 has those problems. Mine had the 40mm crank as I personally work on my 66cc rebuild and ported it, I was prepping the "100cc" to port when I noticed it had already been and it was well done.

I got my info from having 4 of them come through my shop for repairs and if you measure the stroke it's only 38mm!The marks on this stand show both the 38 and 40mm strokes and that cylinder can take a 42mm stoke for proper squish and better compression.When jetted and setup to run cleanly thru out the range they do run hot and have many complaints about it,if you keep it rich and don't push it to hard it will run well.The markings on the rod does not dictate the stroke the position of the big end or crank pin determines that.View attachment 91202
Also the Piston reaches the Spark plug hole very closely, almost to the point I think the NGK long S/P would hit my piston. It has a very long stroke why I believe it isn't a conventional 38mm Stroke, maybe the YD/BT have 38mm but not this one, To my knowledge so far riding it haven't had any issues that causes worry.

Also the Piston reaches the Spark plug hole very closely, almost to the point I think the NGK long S/P would hit my piston. It has a very long stroke why I believe it isn't a conventional 38mm Stroke, maybe the YD/BT have 38mm but not this one, To my knowledge so far riding it haven't had any issues that causes worry.
What you have there is a YD 100 u moto can call it whatever they want but the fact is it's a YD,proper squish has the piston within 1mm from the head and your's has over 3mm.My reply was just to point out to all that it's only 74.6 cc's not 80 as many have been led to believe just like our 66's are advertised as an 80cc it's wrong.Glad you enjoy it and hope it works well for you!

Hmm well I enjoy it cause it goes 26mph any hill, even the steepest it has done 17mph.. it's a blast and really we all knew they aren't advertised correctly, they come from China.

And for the price it would be alot better to have this 2T motor with the 50mm piston & 40mm crank, than frankenbuild a clutch killer. 🙃

Hmm well I enjoy it cause it goes 26mph any hill, even the steepest it has done 17mph.. it's a blast and really we all knew they aren't advertised correctly, they come from China.

And for the price it would be alot better to have this 2T motor with the 50mm piston & 40mm crank, than frankenbuild a clutch killer. 🙃
That's pretty good! Just for s**ts and giggles here is a stock engine climbing a 115% grade up an 1/8th mile run and the bike tops out at 48mph at the crest.Climbing from the base of a hill without taking a run at it is the best way to check the engines pull under full load and is way more fun than doing the math LOL.

That's pretty good! Just for sh*ts and giggles here is a stock engine climbing a 115% grade up an 1/8th mile run and the bike tops out at 48mph at the crest.Climbing from the base of a hill without taking a run at it is the best way to check the engines pull under full load and is way more fun than doing the math LOL.

When you say stock, I'm thinking unported and with regular restricted muffler and NT carb, but the MZ Pipe gives decent Flow of exhaust leading to the throttle response or does it help hill climb, if so you sold me Mr Salesman.. I'm getting a CR80/WC80 pipe and welding that sucker in

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back