Porting the engine

I used the burr bits to make the boost channel when I installed a reed valve but I find the discs are all that's necessary on the ports.
The discs, since they are flat, are helpful to keep from making the tops of the ports jagged.
Carl, just click on my signature links and go to my CDI page if you want to buy a Performance CDI.
Ok I'll have to experiment. I'll be buying your CDI when I finally have the cylinder ported and the Reed Valve purchased. Also could I port the piston and receive beneficial results?? It may be easier and more affordable to try my hand at porting the piston first and depending on the outcome moving on to the cylinder.

Last edited:
yes you can make ramps in/on the pistons where it goes past the ports instead of porting the cylinder but consider that piston a "throw-away"
since you may wind up getting the ramp too close to the ring groove.
Once you measure the most liked distance of metal removal from the piston then replace that piston with a new one and take that distance off the port(s).
You want the ramps to be as horizontal as possible. That not being fully possible is one reason you should then throw it away.

Back