What do you think about my porting job?

I don't know if you can tell just from the pictures I sent, but is 1mm on both sides good or is it overkill? Thanks
you could get away with a little more on the exhaust port. if you want to take 1mm more off i would do it a 1/4mm at a time. then put the piston in the jug facing the right direction and see how your rings react to the opening

Here is how wide I went with no snags.

Screenshot_20230813_232438_Chrome.jpg

Should both the intake and exhaust cross section area be wider or just the exhaust?
both can be widened quite a bit without any adverse effects, true port matching is when you find the equivalent dia of the port and keep them all the same size in relation to the carb used, in my case I use a 24mm carb so my intake track and port matches that as does my exh port window with slight expansion out to the flange.

Like to gamble huh? lol If you want to get into port work more, definitely pick up a degree wheel. You can map out your ports before you ever get started and it helps you track what timing numbers do what with each port and how they interact with other ports. They are usually less than or around 20 bucks. A good investment for getting into port work.

I use a Wen Rotary Tool and I start with a series of Scotchbrite bits up to 1000 grit to do the "heavy lifting." I then followed it up with a basic Felt Polishing Wheel Kit and used These polishing compound bars to get it to the "Ohhh Shiny" stage in the picture. (Those are all links to the actual things I bought, btw)

It seems like a lot of money, but I already had the rotary tool, and I have used it to port and polish several motorcycle heads as well as a few 2 stroke cylinders. All of the bits, wheels, and compound are enough to do pretty much any and every project related to polishing I will ever need for several years. The felt wheels and compound in particular have been great for other projects as well. I've even restored some bathroom and kitchen fittings, chrome trim on cars, and even polished up some old tools that I found rusty and junk that other people have left abandoned.
iphone works just as fine as a degree wheel😁

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Back