Post your sexy CDI..!

Crisco

Local time
10:31 PM
Heya...

Looking to see what sort of solutions people have used to mount their CDI's and coils. I want to try and hide it as much as possible...

Anyone done any internal wire routing or anything cool like that to clean it all up..??

Cheers
Crisco

Heya...

Looking to see what sort of solutions people have used to mount their CDI's and coils. I want to try and hide it as much as possible...

Anyone done any internal wire routing or anything cool like that to clean it all up..??

Cheers
Crisco
Do what the drug dealers do, wrap it in 20 sheets of plastic and hide it in your gastank.

Hiding it could be difficult, but underneath the engine might be inconspicuous enough.

I sometimes resolder the mag connections with heat & chem resistant wire, then put CDI under motor - other times I put it behind carb under seat.

this is about the best way I've found to hide the CDI. excuse the mess, that bike just came off the dirt bike trail, so it's still got some dust and plant matter stuck to it despite my best efforts to hose it down. that's the one that's getting the 98cc top end as soon as I finish making the adapter plate.

Attachments

• gkqj.jpg
    gkqj.jpg
    183.1 KB · Views: 227
this is about the best way I've found to hide the CDI. excuse the mess, that bike just came off the dirt bike trail, so it's still got some dust and plant matter stuck to it despite my best efforts to hose it down. that's the one that's getting the 98cc top end as soon as I finish making the adapter plate.

Very nice spot..!! How long have you had it there for..?? No chance of cooking it from engine temp you think..??

Righto... So apart from sticking it up my ass for stealth style, do you think there is a limit that the wiring can travel in terms of still creating a quality spark...??

I know I should research this myself, so I will, then I will answer my own question here... Stay tuned spoons...:p

Actually, would this not be a good question for @jaguar ..??

Very nice spot..!! How long have you had it there for..?? No chance of cooking it from engine temp you think..??
I've been putting them there for a few years. not one cdi failure to my name. that particular one has been there for a long time, I built that bike in either 2014 or 2015 and it's stayed through 3 engine swaps, each with about 200 quarter mile passes on it. I even replaced the zip tie once. the cdi outlives the zip ties.

Last edited:
Good job that's actually pretty sneakily tucked away. I bet a bit of silver spray paint could match the box up to a silver engine too, or at least get close. Maybe that stuff you use on radiators.
it's so tucked away I think color matching with any engine that isn't black would make it stand out more.

Back