Power!

caprirs302

Local time
7:15 PM
All this time I have been puttin around on my 49cc that I got from ebay and thinking that I was cool....

Well, I recently broke a motor mount bolt off in that motor, and since I had to pull it off i figured it may as well be time for an upgrade (engine removal is tedious because I have a jackshaft kit) so I ordered a 68.5 cc with the slant head kit from zoom motors.

First off, I have a few complaints, although they really have nothing to do with the retailer.

-The main mounting holes, on the seat post, are about 3/16 of an inch wider than on my old motor, and I would imagine that they are not supposed to be that way. Also, one of those holes was drilled dangerously close to the outside of the motor, and I am sure that that part of the threads is extremely thin. Anyhow, I was too lazy to send it back, so I had to modify my jackshaft kit ( I didn't want to do that, but oh well) by making the mounting holes wider.

-Someone thought that it would be a good idea to paint some kind of finish on the motor. It is aluminum, it doesn't need a finish! My old motor, with just the plain old aluminum cast looked pretty slick. This one just looks dirty. Get rid of that finish.

Now for the good part. Holy ****! The minute I got this thing started to took off considerably faster than my old one. I have only rode it at about half throttle and I already broke my own speed record with my old motor. I hit 43.5 mph. the 49cc quit pulling in 4th gear and 5th gear was a joke, but i could use it to cruise at low rpm's, but now the **** thing pulls straight through 5th gear, at half throtttle!

Why didn't you guys tell me to get a bigger motor earlier.........

Back