Has anyone ever seen or built a truly pedal-able motorized bike?

The OP asked if there was a system where nothing connected to the engine moved. Even with most centrifugal clutch/CVT/reduction box drive systems there's still moving parts connected to the engine. Things like the drive chain, internal belts and bell housing on the clutch.

On my bike if the engine isn't being used no part of the engine drive system beyond the shift kit is moving.
Ah one way bearing freewheel or something. He didn't say specifically shift kit so I was confused.

Ah one way bearing freewheel or something. He didn't say specifically shift kit so I was confused.
He didn't specifically say shift kit. Just if anyone had built a bike which had no moving parts in the engine drive system when only using human/gravity power.

To the best of my knowledge I know of no other bike where some part in the engine's drive system isn't moving when only using human/gravity power.

He didn't specifically say shift kit. Just if anyone had built a bike which had no moving parts in the engine drive system when only using human/gravity power.

To the best of my knowledge I know of no other bike where some part in the engine's drive system isn't moving when only using human/gravity power.

On my double freewheel shift kit the engine drive freewheel outside only moves under engine power. The inside of the engine drive freewheel will move under pedal power but won't move under gravity power. Which is why I said the engine drive parts movement ends at the shift kit when not using engine power.

Friction drive, clutch disengages at idle, or you can adjust the wheel off of the tire.

Back