Project 29er Bike-Frame Up Build

Hi. Although I've built several motorized bicycles, it's always been from a complete bicycle, new or used. This project starts from a new bare 29" frame, Kona brand. There's a rigid fork in there, being replaced by a used Rockshox Dart 3. I bought these on ebay and they haven't arrived yet.

Is there anything I need to be careful about while assembling? Is there a good website I should be looking at?:geek:

Thanks in advance.

Edit: Sorry man, I just saw all your other posts. If it's OK with you, I'll leave this stuff here. Maybe someone will want to look at it.

Hey, since we are building the same bike I thought I'd post a few views of mine. It's a green Kona 2-9er (20") that I had been using for commuting etc. I ordered a motor mount, sprocket and intake from MM over a year ago and got the intake in about a month but the motor mount went through a couple of design phases I guess because what I got is nothing like what I thought I was ordering and it just got here. As it is, with the tight confines of the compact triangle, I can only use parts of this kit.

IMG_3931.jpg

IMG_3930.jpg

This is all the stuff I didn't use to mount it:

IMG_3932.jpg

Considering the size of our wheels I decided to go with an ISO disk brake mounted sprocket. I just sent this one back to MM and the correct one should be here this week.

IMG_3927.jpg

IMG_3928.jpg

So my build is under way, just going slow. Is your frame there yet?

Steve

Last edited:
Hey hamr,

Thanks for posting; I was getting lonely here.:giggle:

My Kona Unit frame size is 18", medium, I guess. By looking at your 20" frame, I can see that the tube angles are not as acute. My in-frame Scooterguy mount should work well, maybe even an SBP 4-stroke mounting plate.

We differ because of your HT engine.:geek:

No, my frame hasn't arrived yet. Soon, I hope.

Back