puffing clicking grinding sounds and running rough!

linnix13

Local time
2:39 AM
so my engine(66cc slant head boost bottle 4100kms old) is runnign strange, it takes a block to start it and it wont start full choke anymore i have to leav it halfway and pedal till it fires up, it buzzes loudly on 90-100% throttle but is fine below that, and it vibrates and puffes and weezes and clicks if i run 0 throttle coasting with the engine engaged but going down a hill, also it makes grunting sounds and only has power from 20kph to 40kph then it gets an insane power boost from 40kph+ but any faster than 40kph and it runs like ****, is this just from being old and well used?

it would say check the rings. you shouldnt let your 2 stroke just coast down a hill like that. it doesnt give the engine enough oil.

sounds like crank seal has push out/ or is shaged .obviously running lean,leaking inlet manifold or base gasket.

It sounds to me that your crank case bearings are worn out and the crankshaft is wobbling about. There is no way a seal can grip a wobbling shaft and this will cause air leaks at the crank bearing seals, causing the poor performance and hard starting.

Back