Putter

Search

Local time
1:38 AM
Okay guys... I solved the issue of the chain getting jammed in the sprocket... now I think it's almost there....
So when I attempt to start it up, I start pedaling with the clutch engaged, then when I let go of the clutch and give it gas, it just kinda pudders (putters?) like it's trying to start but it dies... I feel like the throttle isn't giving it any gas... I noticed when I set up the carb , when I pull the throttle cable, I could feel tension but when I actually look inside the carb, nothing is happening... is there supposed to be anything visible that I'm seeing? I noticed on the youtube videos, when you pull the throttle, there's something visible moving? I don't know if what I'm describing makes any sense? I've tried a couple different throttles as well (two twist grip and one thumb throttle)...

Any suggestions? I know this isn't very well worded... I wish I could describe what's going on better... but long story short , I feel like I'm not getting fuel to the motor the way it just pudders and dies... and I think it's from the throttle cable not engaging anything in the carb? (or maybe I'm just not pedaling fast enough?)

I start pedaling with the clutch engaged,
When the clutch lever is let go of, THEN your clutch is engaged.

While you are pedaling you are holding the lever in which means your clutch is disengaged.

Engaged means the clutch pads are now pressing against the clutch plate and the bike is now propelling itself on motor power.

If you started with the clutch actually engaged, you wouldn't be able to pedal the bike unless you were Superman...lol.

1st, make sure that everything is assembled properly inside the black slide barrel that is inside the top chamber of the carburetor...It must be correct as shown in the pics in link below.

After you are sure of its proper assembly, you then want to make sure the barrel slide is inserted in the carburetor top chamber correctly, it must go in, in only one way which I will describe below:

The black barrel slide inside the carburetor cylinder can only go in just one way if you want it to work...You will notice a groove that travels all the way up and down on the barrel...That groove is there to fit itself on a little protruding 'nub' on the inside of the carby, you will put your finger in the cylinder and feel that nub on the right hand side of the carburetor that nub needs to be inside that groove in order for the slide to go fully up and down freely.

Once this is all looked at and everything is correct, then we will talk about the cable tension adjustments...There are two of these, one on the goose neck up by the throttle grip, the second one is on the top of the carburetor where the barrel slide is inserted into the top chamber of the carburetor.

Ps...Also make sure that the cable inside the cable housing is moving freely inside the housing.

Putter?
OIP.Gxj9VbIlNTc6xU9ysq_5HQHaHG

Back