Quick Release Snapped

Well I have a Giant bicycle, it's high quality manufacturing and pricey. Not a Walmart bike, I doubt they will install a cheap axel on the wheels, I have no worries there.

I only cruise at 20mph, I don't need more than that on a bike. I have a motorcycle if I want to go faster. It was just the quick release on the up and down adjustment on the FD kit.

Wrench gave good advice, I won't keep it as tight. And if it happens again, I'll look into the titanium QR as someone suggested.

Other than that, this GX50 is the bomb! Been super fun, reliable, no complaints. Though, I might need to keep a spare QR on my bike or even a bungee cord that way I can jerry rig it home.

I was near 10 miles out when it happened today, I just let it rest on the tire and gave very little throttle and pedaled more. Very little engine assist to not f*** up my new tires. Worked well enough.

Before every ride I try to remember to check the quick release's to see if they've moved at all. I have them facing the rear when tightened case they nip something. Always eyeball my brake pads for movement to make sure they're riding center on the rim edge and not on the tire or below the rim. Those suckers do move at times.

Back