Rear derailleur question

artmaker

Local time
11:05 PM
Never changed one. ALready watched a few videos. Uploading the only picture I have of mine right now, could get more if needed. (note this was taken when I lost a part from the adjuster barrel, so ignore that part.)
IMG_0106.JPG
Anyway… I got a new cable, new adjuster barrel, now trying to adjust the gears and my high and low end screws were doing NOTHING. I finally just stuck my camera under there and took a photo, only then I could see a good chunk of plastic is busted off. Bike took a few spills, obviously this was one of the casualties.

So I need to replace this. "Shimano tourney" but looking on ebay, there are TONS of these. I don't see any numbers on mine, or even know where to look.
How do I know if anything is compatible? Or are they all basically the same?
This bike is only a 5 speed, so nothing overly fancy here. (Besides who actually uses gears when you have a motor.)

Also watching youtube, it seems I will have to break the chain to do this. Probably could use a new chain anyway. Are those all standard sizes? Or are you expected to trim as needed? (Like the motor chain was.) Do they come with the master link?

If anyone cares to find a listing for a derailleur that would replace this one I'd be most grateful.

Ok, took old one off, brought to bike shop, just bought new one. Bought a master link and will try to break my chain to put it on, and just in case, bought a whole new chain too. (Will need that eventually right?)
I should be good to go now. Hopefully.

Back