Rear mtn bike shock help!

TY.. the reason I asked for the pic showing how it mounts… If you can’t find a softer shock and the ride is very uncomfortable the way it is you may be able to get a piece fabbed that would change the shock angle a bit. It wouldn’t take much to leverage it where it’s softer.

The bottom doesn’t give much to work with but the top is possible.

Aluminum stock bolted in the top mount and slotted with holes to try different angles

TY.. the reason I asked for the pic showing how it mounts… If you can’t find a softer shock and the ride is very uncomfortable the way it is you may be able to get a piece fabbed that would change the shock angle a bit. It wouldn’t take much to leverage it where it’s softer.

The bottom doesn’t give much to work with but the top is possible.

Aluminum stock bolted in the top mount and slotted with holes to try different angles
Yeah I was thinking of something like that. I think I'm following what your saying. I also thought about a extended swing arm, but dang I'm getting ready to spend another $1000 in upgrades/accessories. Of course $400 of that is in motorcycle tires. What's another $100-$150 bucks for a shock.

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Just breathe deeply and relax brother.
Don't let this get to be a money pit LOL

Get some saddle time then work on the things you think you may want to change,
then go from there.

Just like the IC engines we've tinkered with here, these Electrisical bikes are pretty fun but get really expensive heh heh ;)

Have Fun brother :cool:

HP

Just breathe deeply and relax brother.
Don't let this get to be a money pit LOL

Get some saddle time then work on the things you think you may want to change,
then go from there.

Just like the IC engines we've tinkered with here, these Electrisical bikes are pretty fun but get really expensive heh heh ;)

Have Fun brother :cool:

HP
Thanks there HumanPerson, I'm not too worried. Was being a smart butt as well kinda. 🤣😂🤣 I think I'm going to give 1 of these dual chamber air shocks a try. If I had the money I would buy a RockShox Monarch R. I'll try this cheaper version. They seem to have decent reviews.
Screenshot_20231004-094232_Chrome.jpg

Yeah I was gonna say just gain 60 lbs and the shock problem is solved :LOL:
Exercise and diet is key to solving the problem. So for the diet fast food 3 times a day and at least a 6 pack of beer daily. Exercise pushing the remote button while watching TV; at least 10 hours of daily training lol. You'll be saying wow my those 60+ lbs showed up fast 😂

Back