Recomendations: Zeda 80 or sleeved PK80?

Barnabyfoxx

Local time
8:48 PM
My first engine seems like it isn't long for this world. But these things are a lot of fun, think I'm hooked now. So any opinions on a zeda firestorm vs the cdh pk80 with the 49mm iron sleeve?

Planning on doing this engine right instead of chucking it on a frame like I did the first one. Going to be picking up a knock-off dremel for porting. Won't be aiming for a high rpm screamer, something torquey that can still hit about 45 mph when pushed is what I'm going for.

I was thinking the iron sleeve would be the one to go for. Should be a good winter project.

I love the steel sleeve engines!!!! My new fav!!! I have two, and am buying a third soon. Only actually have one on a bike right now, but I love them so much I want more!!

pick up an air powered 45 degree pencil grinder. they are like $30 bucks and any ol' compressor will run them. The angled head really makes port work easy.

Where you find your 45° die grinder, btw you'll love the steel sleeve engines if you want torque!!!

Where you find your 45° die grinder, btw you'll love the steel sleeve engines if you want torque!!!
One of the few things I bought from amazon. lol. Great seller too, they sent me an email asking how I liked the tool, giving me oiling recommendations, etc. They checked up and made sure I was happy with my new tool. An I am. I've had it a few years and used it a ton, still works like the day I first started spinning it.

My first engine seems like it isn't long for this world. But these things are a lot of fun, think I'm hooked now. So any opinions on a zeda firestorm vs the cdh pk80 with the 49mm iron sleeve?

Planning on doing this engine right instead of chucking it on a frame like I did the first one. Going to be picking up a knock-off dremel for porting. Won't be aiming for a high rpm screamer, something torquey that can still hit about 45 mph when pushed is what I'm going for.
Pk80 iron sleeve!!!
I love the steel sleeve engines!!!! My new fav!!! I have two, and am buying a third soon. Only actually have one on a bike right now, but I love them so much I want more!!

pick up an air powered 45 degree pencil grinder. they are like $30 bucks and any ol' compressor will run them. The angled head really makes port work easy.

Im running the ceramic sleeved Zeda 80 myself and loving it...first time out it went right up to 47 MPH and still has a little throttle left over...DAMIEN

Nice! I'd love to get an air grinder, but I'd need to get an air compressor first. Or maybe I could get the grinder and do the work at my parents.

Nice! I'd love to get an air grinder, but I'd need to get an air compressor first. Or maybe I could get the grinder and do the work at my parents.
$100 hot dog or pancake compressor ( compact ones ) will power it if you don't need a bigger compressor.

I run mine at 50psi, I have a dewalt 3 gallon nailer compressor that runs it.

Back