reed valve and carb upgrade

The one website you reference is a classic example of where a reed valve is supposed to go (into the engine case, not with a piston port intake). So, I guess that you plan to open up the port at the piston skirt to get some advantage to having the reeds? These engines were designed for piston porting, so your reed valves aren't doing a whole lot right now. I guess it doesn't hurt to try it, I'd be surprized to see much of an increase when all is said and done. Good luck with your project.

porting

yes the first thing i wanted to do to the engine was port it but i had to get a reed to fit first and an exhaust to match and an carb that can supply the extra fuel mix.

Like it's already said: reed valve doesn't give much top power when it's used on traditional intake. Only benefit will be better pulling low revs. It's a little bit better case when it's used directly on crankcase because there's no piston skirt on the way.
The expansion chamber seems to be a bit too short. I'd like to know, how it's calculated. The pipes we are using for racing are much taller and is peaking at 10.000rpm
Shortening the pipe one inch moves the peak up by ~500 rpm

Back