Robin/Subaru 50cc ???

I know a guy with a GEBE who actually traded down to a EHO25 from the 35. He claims it suits his needs better: quiet, stealth, mileage and has all the power he wants.

I'm happy with the EHO35 and for one am glad it's available in that particular configuration; plenty of power in a small package.
Using a Honda GX50 as a model and compared to the 35 cc class(R/S or H),
I get a bigger footprint motor nearly double the weight for a power gain of only a little better than 1/3.

Last edited:
The gravity fed carb is what kills the honda 50 for me. The RS seems like a wonderful piece of engineering. Can't wait to ride one.

if a completely new usa-engine was done "overnite" by an already established company, i think current costs would make it uattainable to the working rider. true economic "stimulus" would be to bring back the myriad dormant small shops that dot our countryscape, do a usa-ht...start by forging, stamping, molding small parts at minimum wage, it beats not-working at all...take baby-steps towards a complete engine. personally, i've always believed an american bicycle engine is completely doable...and i'm almost to believing it IS gonna happen sooner or later.

I'd like to see America compete in the quality small engine market ... also in small "motored" vehicles ... bikes, trikes, mini-cars, etc.. It's obvious there's a bunch of us who would be very happy down-sizing and "getting by" on less horse power.

BTW, best wishes on quitting smoking Augi. I was 50 or 51 when I quit ... fine young age for quitting! Glad to see so many members joining in and supporting each other. Great thread.

jake, you can get a walbro to fit those engines...i think i've even seen a "diaphragm carby" upgrade on a site somewhere...that would pretty much do it for me :)

mike, i think we've all lived a bit too large for a bit too long...and now we're rediscovering what's really important...this is going to be an interesting few years, no doubt :cool:

Last edited:
My GXH50 came with a hockey puck looking thing that is supposed to be a fuel pump.

Back