Rode my Whizzer Today

Correction

My manifold wants to looooosen at the motor. Don't tell me to use loctite!! I have drilled & tapped to the limit here. Any serious suggestions?? It fits passive. Should I tack the first joint? or mount to the frame earlier? or ??

IMG_1502.jpg

Hey Zomby
Can you drill a small hole through the bolt heads? Then you can use a wire to tie them together to keep them from getting loose. Just an idea. Good luck.

Jim

Loose Exhaust manifold

Well I don't know about all that drilling Rd?? Makes more sense to me to relocate the comp release cable bracket away from the support off the manifold. It has to be stressing out the connection there.

Rode my Harley today

L@@K at this fishing lure....

Motor in the canal.jpg I can't believe it. What litter-bug dropped this?????? L@@KS like a perfectly good home for some crabs but Zomby rescue is in order...I think this is an FLH motor???? I'm gonna go scoop it off the bottom of the OCEAN. I need some lift."$$>GG7888.

I like the Memory Lane controls the worst looking part of the NE5 is the controls, and the rims. Oh the tail light has to go. Have fun, Dave

Memory lane

Yes Egor,, the controls are smooth now. The job was a BEE - OCH.. I'm thinking of mating this motor with the drowned FL in the canal!!!! Going fishing as they say... Solana Beach salvage operation begins this Sunday 7/5/09. Bring your balls to the Kraken 12:00 noon.......I'll be there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tanks for all your HELP!!

I'll probably just throw this WEAK WHIZZER cylinder right beside this drowned FLH in the canal!!!!! Then it will have some company. Kind of a match made in heaven HUH ???

Having trouble with the Cylinder? You mean the bolts coming loose, for the header. I suspect the mounts for your pipe have to be in the wrong place and it is compounding the vibration some how. I know that some of the pipes we made for our racers back in the day had that problem. Have fun, Dave

Whizzuki

After Smoking this engine, It may be close to life again..... This thing got so hot it BOILED the gas in the 26 mm floatbowl. Thanks for the poor quality aluminum cylinder that stripped out the exhaust manifold, the head bolts, & everything in general that could be FUBAR... Sooo that's why we love these things right?? Build them, Ride the **** out of them, & destroy them. Well I did my part! It's destroyed.

Now for the good news.... Bill Green has reworked just about the whole motor. It will come back to life as a cross between a Whizzer & a Suzuki. Got to love Bills engineering skills.... I can't wait to do my part again!!!!

Hi Zomby Its very close . I went to work at five AM to do port work today and it looks good ... Im matching intake And will end mill it monday..Then paint and final assembly ... So we are very close to the end ...Hang in there....Bill

Back