Rotor magnet

I got curious and watched a couple of vids. on how they make magnets, and I think your right. the magnetization being last step would explain how the one I have that is reversed, and the one Danial has unmagnetized could both happen.
I could only imagine the machine that was stamping out the magnet and punching rivets would have a huge problem if the metal was also magnetic and those little flakes of metal got caught up in everything. Not to mention it takes or probably takes more time to check the polarity and align it in a machine to stamp a notch than it would to simply visually identify a pre-existing notch and place the magnet-to-be in the machine accordingly.

Still an interesting find, and further backs up the theory that there's virtually nothing in these motors that can't be screwed up from the factory.

I could only imagine the machine that was stamping out the magnet and punching rivets would have a huge problem if the metal was also magnetic and those little flakes of metal got caught up in everything. Not to mention it takes or probably takes more time to check the polarity and align it in a machine to stamp a notch than it would to simply visually identify a pre-existing notch and place the magnet-to-be in the machine accordingly.

Still an interesting find, and further backs up the theory that there's virtually nothing in these motors that can't be screwed up from the factory.

Knowing how industrial machines operate, I cant assume anything - for all we know maybe it does stamp and rivet and magnetize in one fluid motion, its feesable tho I imagine that machine would be though More Expensive and have a Higher rate of Error, not a common luxury our manufacturers likely have access to.
Or maybe it is and they throw away backwards s**t all the time. IDK

I bet if I raided their dumpster I would end up with something naturally geared in reverse either way.

Last edited:
It's probably a kid with a 55 gal. drum of pre made partially polarized blanks setting on his left. He sets them on the mag. machine pushes the button and tosses them in the drum on the right. Eating rice so we can live the dream.

Back