SAT OCT 27th 2018 SoCal Motor Bicycle Racing in Perris, CA

Tyler6357

It's amazing that they banned you for spam. Promoting the Motor Bicycle Races is considered "spam" and you are not allowed to "advertise" the races. The race threads are considered advertising? I'm surprised they didn't ask you to pay to post race threads calling them advertising on their website, haha, or maybe they did before they banned you??

I think there are some pretty smart members and great builders at motorbicycling.com but it seems strange that they have 6 staff members for a website that sometimes barely has 10 people posting there. This site probably gets more traffic and they don't have any moderators, just Anton as Administrator and he spends his time helping members and trying to make the website better, not banning racing threads. It seems like they want to turn the motorbicycling forum into their own private club or something. Banning the biggest motor bicycle racing events anywhere on their site is contrary to their stated mission of their forum.

B

bannedme2

Thats bs. I've heard many stories of folks getting banned for disagreeing with one or a few of the sponsors found on the site. Its why I only just barely joined there recently and don't post often.
they banned members for all kinds of petty reasons that forum is only about $$$ for the owner

MotorBicycleRacing

It's amazing that they banned you for spam. Promoting the Motor Bicycle Races is considered "spam" and you are not allowed to "advertise" the races. The race threads are considered advertising? I'm surprised they didn't ask you to pay to post race threads calling them advertising on their website, haha, or maybe they did before they banned you??

I think there are some pretty smart members and great builders at motorbicycling.com but it seems strange that they have 6 staff members for a website that sometimes barely has 10 people posting there. This site probably gets more traffic and they don't have any moderators, .
Nah Dan the "staffer" is the only kind of mod left that visits that forum.

They kicked mod BarelyAwake out years ago coz he was ruining the forum.
mod Dave31 left after the new owner Eric bought the forum and the others are inactive.

That forum banned Whizzer guru Quentin Guenther years ago coz he wasn't paying for
adds for his new company EZ Motorbike. All about the money!

The member visits sidebar that says every 4 hours is really 24 hours.
Maybe 50 a day. I remember when there were 200 members a day.

Tyler6357

Nah Dan the "staffer" is the only kind of mod left that visits that forum.

They kicked mod BarelyAwake out years ago coz he was ruining the forum.
mod Dave31 left after the new owner Eric bought the forum and the others are inactive.

That forum banned Whizzer guru Quentin Guenther years ago coz he wasn't paying for
adds for his new company EZ Motorbike. All about the money!

The member visits sidebar that says every 4 hours is really 24 hours.
Maybe 50 a day. I remember when there were 200 members a day.
Oh, okay, so it was Dan that banned you?

MotorBicycleRacing

Oh, okay, so it was Dan that banned you?
Nope, Dan is only a staffer without the ban button so new owner Eric banned me.

Dan's job is like the door guy at Walmart, delete some spam and answer the new members
questions by using Google. 12,000+ posts mainly in the mod forum. Yackety, yak, yak. . . .

CrazyDan

It's a sad thing, he was going out of his way to give us another choice than stock parts. I'm very certain what he did for our hobby didn't make him rich. I'm sure he did it all just to support his hobby and did great things for everybody that will be expounded upon in the next several years. he has done quite a bit for our hobby, he will definitely be missed.

Tyler6357

Nope, Dan is only a staffer without the ban button so new owner Eric banned me.

Dan's job is like the door guy at Walmart, delete some spam and answer the new members
questions by using Google. 12,000+ posts mainly in the mod forum. Yackety, yak, yak. . . .
What about 2door? Is he still around?? He always seemed nice to me.

Tyler6357

Wow, this is just too much, okay, it looks like Eric has responded, claims he didn't delete the threads but doesn't say who did and says he can't recover them. That seems strange.

Hi everyone,

I just want to explain the missing race threads. I would have chimed in earlier, but I was just trying to better understand the situation.

I want to make it clear. There's no problem at all with posting these races. Whether Neil is around or not, anyone can certainly post these here. I see it as good for the site and the hobby in general.

Neil was banned for 7 days, but it was because of actions unrelated to the racing threads, as others have suggested. I hope you understand I'd prefer not to get into the specifics.

Many of Neil's threads were deleted out of frustration with him. I apologize to everyone who has contributed to those threads. A lot of folks, and the work they've put into these threads, were affected that shouldn't have been.

While I personally did not delete the threads, I feel responsible for not being able to recover them. Prior to this, I did not have the controls in place to undo this sort of thing. I now have controls in place to keep something like this from happening again. I wish I could get the threads back, but at this point, I can't. At least now, if emotions run high, I can fix this sort of thing.

Thanks to you all for keeping this part of the site alive. Again, I apologize for all of this.

Eric
Hey Neil, since they banned you, do you have anything to say to this here? Ha ha, also, only for 7 days?? What is that? "Well, Neil, I hope you learn your lesson", whatever that is, haha. "You be a good boy from now on, you hear?" LOL Someone must have gotten butt hurt about something you said, I don't know, care to enlighten us? If not, maybe it's better that way. haha

Wow, this is just too much, okay, it looks like Eric has responded, claims he didn't delete the threads but doesn't say who did and says he can't recover them. That seems strange.
LOL I guess I am back?
Been banned many times there and here until Anton combined all my banned ID's into my current account.
I never thought that they would delete whole race threads. I will not make that mistake again.
Dec 4, 2018

1. Your post in the thread Missing Race Threads? was deleted. Reason: UR Gone

Hey Neil, since they banned you, do you have anything to say to this here? Ha ha, also, only for 7 days?? What is that? "Well, Neil, I hope you learn your lesson", whatever that is, haha. "You be a good boy from now on, you hear?" LOL

Someone must have gotten butt hurt about something you said, I don't know, care to enlighten us? If not, maybe it's better that way. haha
Dan the "Staffer" was mad that I had more Likes than he did even though
Dan has made 12,776 posts so he deleted a few hundred of my posts so he had more Likes. True story! o_O :p