Jackshaft SBP shifter kit help

Hello Out There!
Any of you tried using the Shift Kit with a HS 49cc 4 Stroke w/4G Skyhawk gearbox? The vendor doesn't answer my emails..
Tanks
Barry

4 stroke shift kit

Hello Out There!
Any of you tried using the Shift Kit with a HS 49cc 4 Stroke w/4G Skyhawk gearbox? The vendor doesn't answer my emails..
Tanks
Barry

da** dude,thats got some seriouse miles on it. i dont think ill got even go that far before i get a car.

Hey Barry, I was one of the first to shift-kit a 4G back in 2010. I have it running to a Sturmey Archer X-RDC - a 3 speed internal hub.
I have about 5000 miles on it and it's still as much a blast as it was on day one! 0-25MPH acceleration is phenomenal!

Note that the only configuration that fits without mods is a 4G for "5/8" keyed shaft Huasheng or GXH50. The included 206MM spindle with cranks will clear the 4G just enough.
You will have to mod the 4G cover slightly. Depending on what shift setup you have, you'll have to figure out what inner sprocket will suit your bike the best.

The other 4G is a little over a half an inch wider due to having a domed clutch bell. Depending on whether you have a 5:1 (100T pulley) 4G or 4:1 (80T), the crank arm may hit the pulley.
You can still get it to work, but you may have to mount the motor higher or use shorter crank arms/pedal extensions.

I've attached a pic and have a few more on my profile picture album. If you have any more questions, feel free to ask!

Attachments

• Shift a 4G.jpg
    Shift a 4G.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 352
Back