Jackshaft Not maintaining enough to get up hills

I got the parts and installed then. I know I have more compression them I did before because it wears me out I can't attempt to start it more than 5 times before I'm out and dying of heat exhaustion.Also it's 95 here today.

The first day I had it installed it ran but I couldn't keep it running so I looked into that and found the magnet bolt was missing and the magnet was falling out. Could that cause the lack of speed I described earlier?

Next day I replaced the clutch pads and didn't properly tighten the flower nut so when I went to ride it the clutch was slipping, however I could it it to turn over only to hear a gun shot from the back. Backfiring? Forgive me for my ignorance but is that caused because of pressure? Like a new found compression?

Today I got my clutch straightened out and it spins but no start. I attempted 4 times then starting fluid the 5th. It didn't even acknowledge it so as soon as I can I'll get a spark check. It's to hot right now I'll update in about 2 hours when it's slightly cooler it's 1:45 on now.

Whoa, this is a common occurrence. A whole bunch of little mechanical problems adding up to a huge problem bike. Everything that gets touched only seems to make it worse. Always trying to find a work-around or modification to finally get the bike working. Tch, tch, tch...

First of all, you have to trust! Trust, that the engineers knew what they were doing. Trust that many thousands of these engines have run before you. You have to trust that it will run start and run reliably as it was built. Trust that if it does not start and run reliably, something is not as it was designed to be. Will you join me in this religion?

The backfire you heard was spark that occurred while the exhaust port was open. That should never happen. That would happen if the magnet NUT came loose allowing the magnet to spin.
This is a NUT:
m10-hexagon-nut-grade-8-din-934-self-colour-mild-steel.jpg

This is a BOLT:
bolt.jpg

Make sure you use a WASHER under the nut:
41tXgzjn0xL.jpg

Since the nut came loose and magnet spun, likely the Woodruff Key is sheared:
XT250_0713.jpg

Will now look like this:
CIMG13311159925525.jpg

Allowing the magnet to spin freely. You likely need a new Woodruff key.

Slow down, use your torque wrench, check that you have fuel, spark, compression, timing, proper carburetion and exhaust.
It will start.

loose rotor plus backfire - sounds like you put it back on in wrong position (or upside down)

loose rotor plus backfire - sounds like you put it back on in wrong position (or upside down)
Whoa, this is a common occurrence. A whole bunch of little mechanical problems adding up to a huge problem bike. Everything that gets touched only seems to make it worse. Always trying to find a work-around or modification to finally get the bike working. Tch, tch, tch...

First of all, you have to trust! Trust, that the engineers knew what they were doing. Trust that many thousands of these engines have run before you. You have to trust that it will run start and run reliably as it was built. Trust that if it does not start and run reliably, something is not as it was designed to be. Will you join me in this religion?

The backfire you heard was spark that occurred while the exhaust port was open. That should never happen. That would happen if the magnet NUT came loose allowing the magnet to spin.
This is a NUT:

This is a BOLT:
bolt.jpg

41tXgzjn0xL.jpg

XT250_0713.jpg

Will now look like this:
CIMG13311159925525.jpg

Slow down, use your torque wrench, check that you have fuel, spark, compression, timing, proper carburetion and exhaust.
It will start.
Moment of clarity. You guys are probably right. Before I even got the the second paragraph I knew what is most likely since and im going to fix it now

This is a NUT:

This is a BOLT:
bolt.jpg

41tXgzjn0xL.jpg

XT250_0713.jpg

Will now look like this:
CIMG13311159925525.jpg

It will start.
Also my woodruf key is fine.

Now I'm getting this problem that you can feel on the pedals it's like the engine wants to start and the piston goes up and down a few times then there's a clink noise like what you would hear when the engine would normally start, but the pedals suddenly stop.
The engine is not seized and unable to try again for the same results.

Back