Jackshaft Not maintaining enough to get up hills

Looking back at some old posts that say the stinger is the same as a GT5. If so the rod should have either ZAF80 or FM80 on it. So if that is the case and you are ordering from kings you want the Skyhawk/ gt5 cylinder for $20. Might as well order a exhaust gasket and head gasket with it to get the free shipping.

That appears to be for a reed valve engine, not for a piston ported engine. The price seems a bit silly. Most people here prefer to do any and all porting and tuning work themselves, it's a large part of the hobby.
I know engines (mostly) not so good on the tunning part. Unless I'm working on a k20r or a b16 honda engine. Either way I'll buy the skyhawk gt5 and look up tutorials on running after I get it running.

Last edited:
Either way my repair work seems to be going smoothly.
15061876864441998406556.jpg

I still need a new cylinder body but i just thought id let people know, the reason my bike died and wouldn't start was it was out of gas. it was so good on gas i dont see how i ran out but its bone dry.

You might have left the valve on and now have a case full of fuel. Rusty might call it the Harvey effect. Extreme flooding.

The click type torque wrench is the best and most accurate IF you get a good brand. You will not find an accurate torque wrench for $20-$30. I paid just a little over $300 for my Snap On 30-160 ft. lb. 1/2" drive. A smaller 3/8" drive with a lower torque range will be a little cheaper. It is better to not use a torque wrench at all than a cheap one. Lots of bolts have been broken with cheap Harbor Freight torque wrenches. Those actually work fairly well for high torque applications, like lug bolts and car cylinder head bolts, but they are not accurate at lower torque settings.

I'm with Crassius that simple is best, the beam type is always accurate due to its simple nature.
You can step on it, bend the pointer in a loop, straighten it out, bend it to zero and still trust it.

gpfoxn
gpfp2n
This is what i bought and is on its way.
pics not working here's links
http://prntscr.com/gpfoxn http://prntscr.com/gpfp2n
Also i just bought clutch pads for to call the engine mostly new/ refurbished.
When i got the engine it had no cylinder head, it was seized, and it had no electrics. I will now have parts to replace everything. and have replaced everything else.

Last edited:
my parts will arrive on 10/2/17 I will update with compression tests after i replace the parts.

Back