Second Build "Red Barron"

R

redb66

This is my second attempt. Turned out better than I had expected. It is a Micargi GTS Mustang. I put a 32T sprocket from Kings Custom Sprockets. New style push-button clutch (Love it). Dual-pull brake levers. Rides like a Champ. The springer front end and springs on the seat make all the difference in absorbing the bumps. Haven't had it full-throttle yet...still on first tank of gas. Made the mount out of Simpson Strong-Ties (construction ties). Went with the U-bolts because I was not sure about clearence issues, I didn't want to drill holes in the frame in case the forward mount didnt work. I used rubber fuel line over the U-bolts to try to lesson the vibrations....so far....so good.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

L

lhemrick

New clutch

Way to cool man, I love it. About the clutch, I heard there was a new design coming out but haven't seen it. Did it come with your kit or buy it else where?

Lynn
"My old school creation"

Last edited by a moderator:

iRide Customs

Pretty sweet little ride you got there! I like how you pit the engine forward rather than mounted on the seatpost...cool.

B

Bean Oil

Well done, sir. That's clean and bad***-looking.

:thumbup:

azbill

nice stretch !
good job on mount !
let us know how she holds up :D

R

redb66

Clutch handle

Way to cool man, I love it. About the clutch, I heard there was a new design coming out but haven't seen it. Did it come with your kit or buy it else where?

Lynn
"My old school creation"
Purchased it from Dax.

S

SirJakesus

Very nice! You should be proud to have made that beauty. CDI and engine placement worked perfectly for the frame! Good detail work with the paint and even a sheath for the ignition wires. Impressive! The only things I would do eventually is put an insulator between the mount and frame if there are excessive vibrations and get a taillight so the cagers can notice you a little better (and probably slow down to drool!)
Thanks for the pix, having a new build coming up its inspiring.