Should I buy this moped?

It currently does not run. He ordered new points to see if it is a fix. Says it might also be an issue with the old dellorto carb. He got it from his 87 year old grandpa. Seems a good well spoken guy with no ill intents. Says he would rather get it to a "very good" condition before selling, but to keep in touch. He sounded like he might sell it to me for $1500 if he can't get it running. I would slap a piranha engine in it if I couldn't fix it, lol.
Nova ii makes an electronic ignition you can swap in for those points. I did that to my little 2hp trolling motor, it's super reliable now.

The no title deal at that price is a deal breaker for me. Them are rare bikes, & command big money to buy & hold value, but no title cuts the price automatically by 1/2. If you can run vin & doesn't come up stolen & you could buy it for $1500 that would be a deal. In my area none running & in baskets brings $1100-$1300 in my area.

Something like that is valuable to a HD dealer restored or as wall art for a theme based restaurant/bar.

I honestly would just trailer it behind my bike to the track as a showpiece with my other bike and gear. Might run it at shows or something. Thinking about building another bike, buying this and trailering 2 bikes with a bike and tow hitch.
Edit: would never use the HD to tow.

I honestly would just trailer it behind my bike to the track as a showpiece with my other bike and gear. Might run it at shows or something. Thinking about building another bike, buying this and trailering 2 bikes with a bike and tow hitch.
If you can get a title for it & it's all original paint & parts, it should easily fetch $5K

It currently does not run. He ordered new points to see if it is a fix. Says it might also be an issue with the old dellorto carb. He got it from his 87 year old grandpa. Seems a good well spoken guy with no ill intents. Says he would rather get it to a "very good" condition before selling, but to keep in touch. He sounded like he might sell it to me for $1500 if he can't get it running. I would slap a piranha engine in it if I couldn't fix it, lol.

If your a Harley or Moped collector then it's a great piece for the collection . Your crazy to switch the engines
But your name is Crazy Dan :ROFLMAO:

Back