Started my new Worksman build

I joined the forum last August with my first build-- a Micargi type cruiser with a military flare. After about 300 miles of riding, the aluminum frame cracked. There was no point in trying to repair the frame-- it was too likely to crack again-- so I am starting over with a Worksman.

I'm going for "generic vintage" but not specifically BTR or anything. Now that I have the frame and fork painted, once the paint hardens, I'll be able to start building. If my skills match my vision, it will have some decent vintage-inspired graphics on the tank and fenders.

picture.php

the build is going to include a full electrical system-- brake, tail, and turn signal lights, headlight, and horn, run off a rechargeable 12v battery. At this point, I'll just be recharging the battery in the house as opposed to from a dynamo.

Since I have to do my painting outside, it's been a challenge to make time on sunny days to get anything done.

the tank after several coats of clear. Need to buff it with super fine steel wool and do at least one more coat of clear. This picture shows the color better

picture.php

Back