Engine Trouble Starts but not the same,

Local time
3:46 PM
So remember when I said I needed a CDI?

Replaced it now the thing is I'd have to pedal up to 18mph to get her to fire.

She drives but has a tendency to stall unless on the throttle just a bit....

I am thinking that my base gasket has gone bad, as shown here:
IMAG0313.jpg

What is the possibility that the bearings may be shot as well?

I highly doubt the bearings are bad but I do have some type of air leak big enough to stall it out I don't see any oil in the magneto cover I see grease in the clutch cover slightly darkened but it's not oil.

Any advice?

Going to tighten up everything and give it a last go before tearing the top off.

always hard to tell on a black motor - wipe it well with gas on paper towel, run it, wipe again to see if oil is there again

one can lift the barrel just a bit to get some non-hardening permatex in there to seal that

always hard to tell on a black motor - wipe it well with gas on paper towel, run it, wipe again to see if oil is there again

one can lift the barrel just a bit to get some non-hardening permatex in there to seal that

I know right, some of the stuff that I'm trying to look for it could be just all on the intake side but then again I looked at a couple of things and felt that regardless rather it is, or is not on the intake or the exhaust this is a two-stroke so the leak could be technically anywhere but we know that the leak is not in the bearings also there could be no chance that doesn't limited to it being the intake side leaking right now now here's one case scenario, when it did die the first time it made it to work as I was dumping the clutch to go into the parking lot then it dropped to a sputter and then stalled. After a 6 hour shift, it took some throttle spray to get it working but between then and now it's better than what it was without carburetor spray. I have checked everything from top to bottom I have you been sprayed soap and water on the intake when the engine is cold during startup and I still see no leaks other than the base gasket but it's still funny that how it's stalled out when dumping the clutch.

Back