Sturmey Archer 3 speed

CrazyDan

Local time
4:40 AM
I just bought an old Schwinn Deluxe Breeze with a sturmey Archer 3 speed. If it was a men's bike I would just transfer all my parts over to it. Holy crap the manufacturing is amazing on this thing. I just bought it for $35. The hub is quite dry but seems like it still functions. I've got all parts except for the front reflector. Should I do a slight refurbish and sell it or just use parts?

I just bought an old Schwinn Deluxe Breeze with a sturmey Archer 3 speed.
Holy crap the manufacturing is amazing on this thing. I just bought it for $35.
The hub is quite dry but seems like it still functions.
I've got all parts except for the front reflector.

Should I do a slight refurbish and sell it or just use parts?
I see a few listed for $200+ but I don't think they would ever fetch that much in real life...

s-l1600.jpg

You could clean it up and put an electric mid-drive in it to take advantage of the 3-speed, put a removable literal 'hand basket' on the front, and you have a cute 'errand runner' with a vintage style...

And just for fun, once in awhile you can proclaim to your neighbors...
'I'm going to HELL with MY OWN Hand Basket!' as you race out of sight hehehe ;-}

Actually I like those hand baskets, I am building an E-Chick 3-speed shifter bike right now that will get one...

OrangeCrush6-1280.jpg

That 24" Micargi Tahiti chick bike has a 3-speed and getting a mid-drive electric but it won't be a 'granny assist' electric system, far from it hehehe ;-}

Put a washing machine motor in it you say? I could put my trailer on it and tow some batteries. I could always just sell it for 70 bucks and be happy.

Back