Suicycle Chopper

Just getting started on my current project....the Suicycle. Based on a frame I designed and fabricated about 10 years ago, it's built with no downtube. Powered by an 80cc motor with a custom jackshaft for the final drive. Will have a rear disc brake, round 2.5 liter gas tank, centrifugal clutch, and a soup can headlight and piston taillight. 26" wheel up front and 24x3 rear wheel.
Will post up more pics as it make progress over the next few days...

That frame flows really nice. The way the engine is mounted seems to strengthen the frame.

Thanks! I used the same radius on all the bends. The motor helps but I used .120 wall tubing for the entire frame so albeit a heavy bike it's very strong...
Very nice. That's the same wall thickness I used for my backhalf job on my big 4stroke in 1-1/8th OD steel. Heavy, but very strong.

Its motorcycle spec tubing, will never have any issues with strength (y)

Very cool. I like the detail of the covers over the mounting nuts for the rear wheel, it would be nice to make covers for the front too. I really like the clean look, run the cables inside the frame if you can.

Couple progress pics...painted and mounted the gas tank as well as the motor and new jackshaft sprockets.
Need to heat and bend my exhausr as it hits the ground at almost a 90 degree angle...waiting on my freewheel disc rotor adapter and rotor then I can button up my brakes. Since my handlebars are 1" the stock throttle assembly was no use to me so I used the top clamshell with the kill switch wires and mounted it above my CDI on my seatpost. My cables will be routed in between the two backbone tubes to keep them out of sight.
20200112_201209.jpg
20200112_201224.jpg

Back