Summer Nights

CENTURION

Local time
2:17 PM
Nothing like a catching a nice breeze in the eveneing. I like liesurly rides with the Velo's. This latest one I picked up is so quiet the people on the trails don't look twice at me at 12MPH, I can actually say hi, and easily hear them reply back. Early mornings are great as well, the tank is 1/3 gallon, and I went almost 25 miles on 1/2 of that. My electric bikes are getting a little jealous of this Frenchman.:)

Attachments

• SOLEXRIDE.jpg
    SOLEXRIDE.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 59
Nice resto job, looks brand new. Good old folks ride. How many cc is the motor? Is that a old Sachs motor kit?

Nothing like a catching a nice breeze in the eveneing. I like liesurly rides with the Velo's. This latest one I picked up is so quiet the people on the trails don't look twice at me at 12MPH, I can actually say hi, and easily hear them reply back. Early mornings are great as well, the tank is 1/3 gallon, and I went almost 25 miles on 1/2 of that. My electric bikes are getting a little jealous of this Frenchman.:)

Ain't nothin like summer nights. Warm air, darkness, insect noises, fires / bonfires, it's perfection.

Nice resto job, looks brand new. Good old folks ride. How many cc is the motor? Is that a old Sachs motor kit?
It's a 49 cc VeloSolex , these were the e-bikes back in the 70's, my friends brother bought one new in 1975. There probably have'nt been one of these on the streets around here in decades. They have cool features to them, the motor is aircooled by the flywheel fan, the throttle and front brake are connected so when you stop the motor slows down, let go of the brake and you speed up, it feels like auto cruise control it's very comfortable. These can be taken down to speeds of 4-5 mph easily, and cruise around. I like them, you cant be in a hurry to get someplace, just sit back and enjoy the ride.

It's a 49 cc VeloSolex , these were the e-bikes back in the 70's, my friends brother bought one new in 1975. There probably have'nt been one of these on the streets around here in decades. They have cool features to them, the motor is aircooled by the flywheel fan, the throttle and front brake are connected so when you stop the motor slows down, let go of the brake and you speed up, it feels like auto cruise control it's very comfortable. These can be taken down to speeds of 4-5 mph easily, and cruise around. I like them, you cant be in a hurry to get someplace, just sit back and enjoy the ride.
Your making me want one even more 😆

Back