Super wide range torque pipe from Jaguar is a technological breakthrough

i already replied to this. stupid net connection!

ahem.

yesterday, saw 14 yr old boy, no helmet, riding on wrong side of ride, no exhaust(*!), iphone in one hand, almost get hit twice in the space of 100 metres.

typical south western suburbs of sydney, where only a few weeks ago a boy killed himself on one of these.

in conclusion, the petrol days are numbered...in australia at least.

go electric, if needing low down power, discreteness, and staying within "legality" is such a concern.

(i went as far as to suggest a solar panel on all these trailers... or even carting around a small inverter generator. no law on carting around generators. its output power of the drive motor(s). not input power. a motor may USE 2000+ watts, but when stalled...the output POWER is nothing. just gobs and gobs of TORQUE.... anyway, off topic. i shut up)

the HT is illegal, even without the expansion chamber. dont gimme any of that 200 watts limited nonsense, they produce more than that and always will until dead.

both myself and jaguar can tuck pipes in without too much stress. i go over as i simply cant find the space between cranks and the rear wheel, whilst retaining ideal dimensions. ie, i usually want about 70 mm diameter at that point. other than making an s bend up in the header, anyway. (strangely the worst designed pipe, that i did "shape" to fit down there...also seemed to be the fastest...)

myself personally have always stayed within the width of standard cranks.

despite having ridden over the harbour bridge a few times...the only attention i attract is when i stop and get off, exposing all to the world :)

gee, id love a link to that cone download that is on two stroke wizard pro. im starting to see just how much i lost when my computer failed...single install license programs are a b!tch! the new cone download via a search is 21 day limited. i hate buying things twice! that is all.

A useful software for sheet metal processing expansion chamber....... for free...........
http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?p=430031#post430031

If you are interested in performance mods for this engine, then this is the way to go. The only thing is that you will have to take a little time to make it yourself.
The bike gets on the pipe at low rpm's, less than 2000 rpm's and in 3 seconds its at top speed with a stock rear sprocket. It's truly amazing. The only thing is that it's not for everyone. Definitely not for inexperienced bicyclists!
The sound! A low rpm supercharge sound is much more classy and inspiring than the high rpm wailing of any bike. It's at low rpm's, you hit the gas, and it begins to roar a low deep dragon song. I run my pipe with no muffler and just the straight stinger tube. It's got a metallic giant bumble bee sound that's low down and boogie and draws respect, instead of a high pitch high rpm scream that usually draws only ire and disgust from people around you. My bike sounds more like a Harley than a scream machine.
A high rpm engine will be powerful only at high rpm's. The high rpm's will kill it fast, espeially if it's one of these Chinese engines.
As for any two stroke engine that you want to port for low rpm power with a lower rpm range, up to about 8000rpm's, this pipe will do wonders. Any low rpm two stroke scooter or motorcycle will become majorly powerful and will have an incredible low canon thunder sound.
I had already ported the cylinder and deepned and widened and correcterd the transfers. I had already added a new Dellorto 16mm carburator and a Jaguar CDI. I was already feeling more power than when the engine came out of the box. But when I put that torque pipe on, it just blew my world away! It became 2 - 3 times more powerful! The bike got a soul and I was no longer striving to drive at full speed all the time. I became happy to be at a lower to mid speed where I could constantly give it gas and hear that orgasmic thunder and feel the powerful acceleration that is just mind blowing for a bicycle. I blow motorcylces and cars away at certain speed ranges. I can use a 35 tooth rear sprocket and cruise at high speeds, a Gran Prix racer. I've got my stock 44 toother on now and I go to top speed immediately! I'm going to keep it on for winter sports, when I get my spiked tires on!
Sometimes the answer to all your problems is just before your eyes. If you love to cruise or ripit, then you will become a different person after doing it with this pipe! You'll probably have to tighten up the clutch mechanism a bit though, so it can hold all that power!
If for whatever reason you don't even want to try, well that's okay with me. I've got the desire to covet this as a secret weapon. I highly doubt that most of the guys should even have a racing motorcyle for a bicycle.
Just don't forget to get rid of those cantilever brakes and get some disc brakes! ;-)

The pipe works great, But seriously your rediculous

you agree with his assessment of the pipe and then say he is ridiculous. WTF?

The pipe works great, But seriously your rediculous

Ridiculous is the amount of rif raf and trash one has to deal with in the internet. Ridiculous is ill mannered and in articulate persons trying to establish some kind of self affirming point with empty words.

Come on man. You can think of something better than that ;-) One ten letter word? That's pretty weak)))

It's got nothing at all to do with power and "everything" to do with perception. An expansion chamber hanging off the side of the bike is one "huge" red flag to police officer in my location, and as i have discussed previously, a few of my friends are police officers, and perception of legality is everything, just like people who accessorise their car with large wheels, reduced ride height and noisy exhaust systems, make themselves a "target" to a police officers eye, then wonder why they keep getting road worthiness defect certificates.

How many times do i have to say it - perception of legality is everything to a police officers eyes, and an expansion chamber hanging off the side of the bike screams out in big bold letters that the engine isn't remotely legal in a product designed to be a motorised assist bicycle.

As things stand, the fines for riding an over specification motorised bicycle amount to around $2,500 in my location, and i am taking a risk every day just riding my bike - thankfully the Chinese 2-stroke engine is slim in width, hence not noticeable from the rear of the bike. The last thing i want to do is become a flashing beacon to a police officer by having an expansion chamber hanging off the side of the bicycle.

I hope we are clear on this issue and i don't have to keep repeating myself.

I made the exhaust exit in the middle of the pipe and put a muffler on it and it was as quiet as the stock engine. You could easily hide the small Jaguar pipe. A little leather bag....

concerning the "ridiculous" comment; unless a person has experimented with the same item they have no basis whatsoever to judge another persons commentary. Mikey, make a torque pipe and then comment on it, hopefully without putting down others. Everyone is entitled to there own feelings and thoughts and this forum allows free expression of them.

Yeah, he liked the pipe but doesn't like me! Or just doesn't want to admit it no matter what!
I've learned that irrational personal attacks are often just half-hidden or subconsciouss envy spilling out at the seams. Though I've learned to take such behaviour as a compoliment to some degree, I still will not spare the child after their showing of weakness. Simply exposing them is generally enough. If they are not hiding their envy anymore and admit their condition, then it can be taken as a joke. I won't leave my sense of humour behind.....

I have mentioned to all of my ex-girlfriends (and this applies to everyone) that jealousy, envy and hate are the most toxic and corrosive substances to the human condition. It's a fluid that cannot be stored in the body without ill effect, and the body is like a vessel; given that eventually an intensely corrosive substance eats through the container holding it, destroying the person from within.

My philosophy has always been to kill them with kindness or make them understand the concept of self depreciating humor.

Exactly))) Anyway if I want to joke, I'll make sure it's ridiculous! ;-) If someone says I'm ridiculous just for nothing...well I guess it doesn't bother me because I don't have such a complex. Like they say, it's the most painful when it has actually come to the right address. Why should I react and get upset if it's not my que =-) Maybe the guy is just poking around to see how someone somewhere might be able to react in a way that would show him how to react in the face of provocations and insults =-) I sure hope all will be well with Mikey!

Back