suspension seatpost or gel seat

PC
I've got the same seat cover and same prob... Get a needle and thread to hold it to the seat tighter. The factory draw string didn't work on mine real well either!
Guys.

Go to a fabric store and purchase a roll of double sided fabric seam tape. Apply to the existing saddle - when you have it positioned to your satisfaction (remember, for this application tape strips should be no more than their own width apart at the edges), peel off the protective cover, and carefully position the gel seat cover.

I'd suggest, once you have it positioned, that you use a hair dryer and get the seat cover quite warm, then press it firmly into place all over.

sounds like ill be getting the suspension seat post and then the gel seat later.(not to much money right now).

I have a 10" wide gel seat already, and am considering fabbing up an offset suspenion post (I want the seat moved back about 2.5-3 inches) on my trike conversion. For now I'll stick with the existing solid seat post. The suspension seat posts are more effective in lessening road shock transmitted through the frame, whereas the gel seats are more effective at lessening the vibration from the engine and road rumble. Together, they are very effective for all of it.

ohhhhh thats good to know, the main thing i hate is the vibration from the motor, i might get the gel seat first than.

I went shopping at Kmart and got a schwinn webspring seat and a gel seat. Took the top of the seat off the gel seat and the spring seat and combined the 2. All of 2 bolts and screws to undo and redo. And the jobs great. Gel springer seat.

Hmmmm.....Interesting comparison between what a suspension seat post does VS the
gel cover....Anybody here try a suspension bike, Suspension seat post AND get seat cover?
THAT ought to be smooth....OR maybe the two suspensions would be too much?

Andrew

Hmmmm.....Interesting comparison between what a suspension seat post does VS the
gel cover....Anybody here try a suspension bike, Suspension seat post AND get seat cover?
THAT ought to be smooth....OR maybe the two suspensions would be too much?

Andrew

When I started in 2005 I tried some of those $99 Avalons from WallyWorld, with dual suspension. On one of them I put mustache handle-bars, swapped out for better grips, and put on a wide saddle and shock absorber post. The customer is still tooling around on it, he called the other day about swapping for the 4 stroke like his buddy bought.

So, a $99 bike plus about $50-75 in modifications.

I wish these official bicycle sites worked better...I cannot find the dark blue Trek model I saw at my bike shop last week. They call them low-steppers instead of ladies bikes.

The one I saw had dual suspension, the one in this link:

http://www.trekbikes.com/images/bikes/2009/large/navigator30wsd_chocolate.jpg

only shows "deluxe front".

But that dark blue model would be my ultimate for a senior citizen model, dual suspension w/ shock post, pedals pushed forward like the Sun Comfort Rover and Diamondback, curvy handlebars. No fenders, but that's and add on on a lot of models.

Swap out the saddle for the 12", the only way the ride could get smoother might be the $45 air shock seat post that I have yet to try.

Attachments

• bikes 3431.jpg
    bikes 3431.jpg
    146.2 KB · Views: 226
  • bikes 023.jpg
    bikes 023.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 188
Is anyone using one of those $20 schwinn seats from walmart that doesn't have the point in the front? They are real wide I don't really know the name.

I love having this on my Trek hard tail. Been running with it for the last 4 years...

http://www.thudbuster.com/products.html

Though my Titus Switchblade is my favorite, (full suspension).

But now my China Girl is now coming close. I'm looking to add a wide springer seat to it.

Back