The Chronicle of a Mad Motorized Texan

I have not forgot about the kickstand pictures either. I am having my friends at the LBS order my new Diamondback in about a week, so after I get it and get the stand on it, I will take and post pictures for everyone.

Haha, I need to learn how to be old. I am fragile now, and yet, I can't stop myself from doing wheelies and jumps and tricks and flatland stunts and sky-hopping over curbed gaps and anything else fun that I can find on my bike. Just yesterday I was out riding the BMX bike that I was on when I fractured my neck, lol, and I was trying to ride manuals (wheelies w/o pedaling) and one time I ate ****. luckily I landed on my left glute/hamstring and not any bones. I also always wear a backpack with some stuff in it while I ride, it has saved my a** many times. I need to get a few helmets, of different types for different uses. I think I am going to go with a good motorcycle helmet when I get my MB out on the street.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well This is a cool feeling. I have 2000 dollars worth of bicycles in the mail.

haha, and thank you for the encouragement MachoMouse. I need it. I am in WAY over my head. I expected this to cost about 500 bux when I started.

Last edited:
<snip>
The people in the ER know me by name now.
<big snip>
Thanks for reading if you're still here,
-Waylow

<YA snip>

Should we just call you Tim (the Toolman Taylor) now? :rolleyes: I was known at the ER years ago but it was from taking all the kids in.

Have you thought about a crash suit?

Stay safe . . . God Bless

Ted

hahaha xPosTech
you hit the nail on the head. I am like a real life tim the tool man taylor
only i'm Tony the tool man Tarantino. lol
I definately have the problem of always doing things to the max. more power, more torque, more fuel, more air, more speed... at home, more hard drives, more monitors, more computers, I am always looking for a way to make my things that much better... and I have found that this works best, by starting with the best. I originally planned on spending about 500 dollars on this project. Now it looks like it will be closer to 2500. But I think that I will be happy with myself when it is done.
2009 Diamondback Response Comp
Staton Gear box and rear wheel
DDM GP460 engine
And all the rest of the goodies (which tend to add up very quickly)
I am excited about using my university's new cnc waterjet machine. it can cut through 8" steel with water! haha. I am going to make all my own brackets. I should be getting my new bike in about a week or so, and then I can start working on the brackets, and soon after I get the bike, I will order the engine and the rest of the little things that I need.
I am very stoked about all this. When I get the bike, I will take some pix of it, and all the stuff that I have to go with it.... and my sweet kickstand

update!

well, I have all the engine stuff, and the bikes. But I keep having tons of seizures. so I have moved in with my new girlfriend and her 2 children. I have had no time to work on my bike, but, I think the time is getting near.

I have had like 9 grand mal seizures and several hospital stays since my last post here. I have all my engine stuff, I need to take pix. i got a cam for xmas, so I will do that now (i know i said that b4). and then I can get back to figuring out how to use SolidWorks the cut my brackets with the waterjet at school. I am also thinking about making my own rear sprocket...

I really really don't want to lose my rear disc brakes, they are just too awesome. so, I need a larger rear sprocket and a new way to mount. I am sorry, but after looking at andyinchville or whatever's video and pix of the tophat adapter.. . with my bicycle at least, there is absolutely no way that would work and allow me to keep the brakes.

However, I am thinking about a 300-360t rear sprocket, attached to the rim, not the hub. to help with my high revving GP460

sorry A, no hard feelings, best of luck to you, and nothing but love for those on bicycles, motored bikes and human powered bikes alike!

update

OK, Question:
How long have any of you worked on building up your MB?

my bike has been in the build process for like 9 months now lol

has anyone else had to take forever to get everything together and built?

twists and turns aside, it has been quite a process, and somehow exciting, even though I have never got it together. I just have TONS of parts.

All I need to do is make the rear rack/engine mount before I can put it all together.

HOWEVER. the frame I finally ended up choosing to use has is 11 years old now, and it is super strong, but really needs new shocks badly.

So I have decided that before building the rack, I need to get new forks/shocks/wheel. This way I will be able to place the rack in a place that is well balanced and not too far back; as the bicycle was very fun to ride wheelies on back in the day. I figure that I need to try and minimize this potential front wheel lift off.

Also, this way I can use the Staton wheel with rear rim brakes, and with new forks, I can have my beloved disc brakes up front. All of my other bikes have Discs and they are so so so much better than rim brakes, i love them.

So, new front end setup, figure out how the frame will set, then build rack and mount everything on the beast. This is my plan. Then my CY 460 should be screaming around town with my dominator pipe, big carb, reed kit, and later I will install my TS head kit along with the rest of the TS parts. I have a problem.... I must go all out on everything I do, or its obviously not worth doing!

Thanks for reading
-waylow

You are either suffering from "Mission Creep" and/or just deep down really love keeping on just BUILDING the evolving perpetual "perfect bike".If you don't set some self imposed deadline or a have limited budget,that's easy to get into,with inspiration provided by the MB Forum.

Back