The Dream Engine! Aixro XR50

KiDD

This engine is a Wankel Rotary engine!!!!!! That is made for racing go karts! Even tho it is water cooled I think it could fit on a bike for sure.
48HP and 34 ft-lbs torque and it only weighs 32lbs

http://www.woelfle-engineering.com/

If only it didn't cost 5,500 dollars!!!!!!!!!!

J

JemmaUK

Not for me lol - there is a 14 cylinder radial engine with my name on it - or the v-12 from the same maker...

www.wawu.eu

That radial motor would make a perfect frame mount and run the output through the bikes gears.... :D

Im not insane... honest

Jemma xx

KiDD

I'm with you Jemma! Radials are sexy! Didn't the first motored bike have a radial engine built into the wheel hub? There are a lot of videos on YouTube of mini IC engines. I really like watching the mini tractor pulls.

S

SirJakesus

I don't think a bicycle would handle 48hp. You'd probably be better off fitting that thing to a good moped... But for that price why not just get a NEW motorcycle?
Very cool though, I love wenkel engines. More gas powered machines should use them as they're far superior to pistons.

KiDD

I was actually looking at that exact OS engine before I found this go kart engine. But I don't think that engine has any torque what so ever. Maybe if you could fashion a couple of them up... they still are not cheap engines.

I originally thought the price for the XR50 was some mistake.... but 5.5k is the cheapest around....

darwin

I have a kawi 650 and it only puts out about 38 hp and itll do about 110 mph I think. On a bicycle noooooooooo thank you.

KiDD

I call it reserve power... just in case you need to do 110 to get out of the way of something.