The Good Bike Deal Thread.

Denver residents only for that one. CO has a state program too that's chosen by lottery, only so many available. I didn't make it last year.
The way I read the article it is for any Colorado residents starting April 1st. Also the way i read it, you go to 1 of the 24 bike stores & pick out a ebike of a $1000 or more & they automatically take $450 off of the top of the price.

Supposedly this is a new program starting. No lottery required.

The way I read the article it is for any Colorado residents starting April 1st. Also the way i read it, you go to 1 of the 24 bike stores & pick out a ebike of a $1000 or more & they automatically take $450 off of the top of the price.

Supposedly this is a new program starting. No lottery required.
You're probably right, need to check into it. Both have programs, thanks.

Community Access to Electric Bicycles Rebate Program​

The e-bike rebate program has closed.
Individuals who are not selected during the final February application round will automatically be entered into a waitlist selection round that will take place in early-April. Placement on the waitlist does not guarantee a rebate. As expired, unused rebates from previous application rounds become available, the Colorado Energy Office will randomly select individuals from the waitlist to receive a rebate. The Colorado Energy Office will notify individuals via email if they have been randomly selected from the waitlist.
Although CEO does not anticipate receiving additional funding (past February 2024) for the statewide e-bike rebate program in the future, the office is preparing to launch a statewide e-bike tax credit on April 1, 2024. All Colorado residents will be eligible to receive this tax credit as a $450 point-of-sale discount on a qualified e-bike purchase from an authorized e-bike retailer through 2032.
For more information or to speak with someone about the rebate program, please contact our customer service team:

Community Access to Electric Bicycles Rebate Program​

The e-bike rebate program has closed.
Individuals who are not selected during the final February application round will automatically be entered into a waitlist selection round that will take place in early-April. Placement on the waitlist does not guarantee a rebate. As expired, unused rebates from previous application rounds become available, the Colorado Energy Office will randomly select individuals from the waitlist to receive a rebate. The Colorado Energy Office will notify individuals via email if they have been randomly selected from the waitlist.
Although CEO does not anticipate receiving additional funding (past February 2024) for the statewide e-bike rebate program in the future, the office is preparing to launch a statewide e-bike tax credit on April 1, 2024. All Colorado residents will be eligible to receive this tax credit as a $450 point-of-sale discount on a qualified e-bike purchase from an authorized e-bike retailer through 2032.
For more information or to speak with someone about the rebate program, please contact our customer service team:
Yeah here is the article I read. I hope it is true for all the colorado guys & gals.
Screenshot_20240328-165620_Chrome.jpg

That rebate program has a whiff of Govt. B.S. about it. I don't blame the retailers for not wanting to participate if they won't see that money for almost a year. Potentially tens of thousands out of their pocket up front, and no guarantee of payment for several months after? I wouldn't do it either.

That rebate program has a whiff of Govt. B.S. about it. I don't blame the retailers for not wanting to participate if they won't see that money for al.oat a year. Potentially tens of thousands out of their pocket up front, and no guarantee of payment for several months after? I wouldn't do it either.
I used to have a governmental delivery contract, they paid their bill every month, three months late. After the business was shut down, I still got checks coming in.

We had a very generous deal here in BC Canada. They would pay most of the cost of an ebike over 2000. Sold out quick.

Better put more coal on the fires in China to build all this stuff. Strikes me as odd to embrace the not in my back yard ideas. We are green as the grass, just don't look at where this stuff is mined and manufactured.

We had a very generous deal here in BC Canada. They would pay most of the cost of an ebike over 2000. Sold out quick.

Better put more coal on the fires in China to build all this stuff. Strikes me as odd to embrace the not in my back yard ideas. We are green as the grass, just don't look at where this stuff is mined and manufactured.
Yeah, nothing about green vehicles is actually green.

Electric vehicle technology is ever evolving and always improving. There are still things to sort out, but eventually they will be an every day part of our lives. The only thing I don't like is all of the Western Governments forcing it down our throats at a rate that is harmful to us economically and environmentally. The Democrats "Green New Deal" is a great example of it, and the corruption that comes with legislating change at an unnatural rate. Electric cars and bikes have advantages, but they have way more disadvantages than they do advantages at this point and are just not viable for a large majority of the population.

What is viable for most of us is hybrid vehicles. I have been looking at vehicles the last couple of weeks because I want to pick up something new sometime this summer, and the new Corolla Hybrid has really caught my eye. 50mpg around town and mid to high 40's on the highway is nothing to sneeze at. My 2014 Nissan Versa with a manual trans can't even match that and it's a great little car. I have considered getting another one as they still sell them new with 5 speeds, and unlike my 2014 they now come with cruise control and power windows and locks. $18k MSRP with a couple of packages vs. The cheapest Corolla hyrid is 5k more than that, and the one I am looking at is about 10k more, but is also a much nicer car ad has AWD.

I don't think conventional fuel will go away anytime soon. At this point there is nothing available that can beat the energy density of conventional fuel and never has any civilization gone backwards in terms of energy efficiency. We have gone from wood to coal to oil, gas and nuclear power. We aren't about to freely adopt a less efficient system.

Where e stuff makes the most sense is in large densely packed cities, however it is very impractical to implement this. Few have access to the power requirements of E-cars. In a high rise building with underground parking for example there are only a few 15 or 20 amp outlets per floor.
To provide a 30 amp outlet to most parking stalls would require more capacity to the building itself, let alone the logistics of running the wires through the concrete structure would be not affordable to most owners who would veto any such plans.

I agree that hybrid cars make the most sense at this time. After all why carry a huge bank of batteries when most trips don't require 250 miles of range. Most people most of the time only travel in 10 or 20 mile round trips.

If a person needs a new ride and wishes to get a hybrid vehicle it only makes sense to buy one from a company that has a long history of successfully building them and that company is Toyota.

Back