Throttle Issues

Throw away that kill switch and cap off the white wire. Blue to blue,black to black.
Down the road,check this out:
http://www.motoredbikes.com/showthread.php?t=8579

But I'm still thinking that carb jet where the needle goes in is $%#^&%$#.

At least 25 bucks isn't 150 bucks like in other engines.

For now take that carb apart. It's really not difficult. In fact,this is the simplest carb I have ever seen in my 41 years of life.
http://www.motoredbikes.com/showthread.php?t=4854
Really spray down your jet (the copper) maybe see if you can unscrew that and just clean clean clean. If it's really worn down it could affect how the needle seats in there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Update:

So I took the carb apart and gave it a complete cleaning, reattached. Now it actually revs like a motor should, but she's developed another issue, gas overflow. It seems whenever I have the gas in the on position it starts to flow out of the airfilter space, and possibly out the small hole on the bottom of the carb. I looked at the floater and am pretty sure it's in there correctly.

What could be causing this? I noticed that the gaskets that separate the bottom (with floater) to the top of the carb are pretty much non-existent, did they even exist in the first place? Can I simply JB weld where they connect to prevent spillage? I'm not even sure the gaskets are the issue since gas seems to be flowing out of the carb where the air filter connection attaches....

So close yet it seems so far away from having a fully functional bike... Thanks again for all your help folks!

ps

I've looked at the thread with pictures of the carb completely disasembled and have come to the conclusion that my float isn't working how it should... Any ways to correct this? If the float's not working, gas will overflow, much like I'm witnessing, right? Am I even close to being on the right track?

Last edited:
When you took the float lever off did you put that little pin back in the copper fuel intake line? Like a toilet bowl,that's the valve that stops fuel flow when the float bowl is filled enough.
Look around your work area for it. It's tiny. It could have slipped out when you were disassembling without your knowledge.

Last edited by a moderator:
****. I just transported the bike from my lady's house to mine after working on it, so if I'm missing a pieces I'm SOL. Does that piece go into the bottom part of the carb or the top? There's a metal piece that fits in a hole on the top and attaches to a 'U' shaped toilet-seat looking metal piece that would be pressed by the float.... I have that piece, but no small little pin......

Photo of the float needle and pin. Do you have these?

Attachments

• carb_needle.jpg
    carb_needle.jpg
    156.7 KB · Views: 210
  • needle_pin.jpg
    needle_pin.jpg
    139.4 KB · Views: 199
Last edited:
I have the float needle, but I'd have to check on that pin. I don't think so, because I remember re-assembling the carb and the float needle and it's metal attachment seemed somewhat loose. I'll take a look tomorrow when it's light out. Thanks for the detailed pictures! I appreciate it.

Alright folks, sorry for the lag in an update, I took the carb apart again and lo-an-behold, the pin was missing. After a trip to Ace Hardware and the purchase or two completely useless parts, I ghetto rigged a paperclip to act as the pin, tightened and reattached the carb and PRESTO! Everything works now as it should. I need to get a new throttle cable eventually but for right now I'm having a blast riding my newly-functional bike.

Lots of thanks to all you folks for helping me with my bike-issues. I think this bike will be the first of many motorized bicycles for me in the future. Thanks again, all, and happy trails!:D

--Andrew

Great team work guys! This is just your bike's way of getting aquainted with you and vice versa. Now when someone asks a carb question, you can refer them to this thread and look smart too.
Once again I'm proud to be apart of MBc.

Back